PDA

View Full Version : Hello....from SF Bay Area!

mnamos
06-19-2011, 11:06 PM
Just joined the forum to learn and network with folks out there. I have been in business for the last 6 yrs and currently have another service related business where we do some landscaping maintenance. Last year I initiated my Contractor license and I successfully passed the exams and now I have a C27 license. Although I am very busy with work, I am trying to develop this new company in the next few months.

Happy fathers day to all the Dad's out there....cheers!

Steve
06-20-2011, 10:17 AM
Welcome to our forum!

and now I have a C27 license.

What does this license allow you to do and what kind of preparations did you have to take to sit the test?

mnamos
06-20-2011, 11:59 PM
In CA, the laws are very strict as to what you can do and you can not do in Landscaping Maintenance industry especially if you want to do it right. This license allows you do do any landscaping construction related job that is valued at over $500. With this license you can not only do the regular maintenance of residential and commercial clients but you can:

. build landscping projects for new and existing facilities, developments in both public and private sector.
. hardscape projects
. outside patios/decks, gazebos, fences, etc
. all types of walls (retaining, blocks, concrete, etc)
. grading of lands, properties to install decorative, architectural monuments surrounding the landscaped areas

If you are just doing lawn/landscape care and maintenance this license is not required.

Steve
06-21-2011, 05:30 PM
That is very interesting!

Once you get that license, do you include it in your marketing? Do you educate the potential customer on what the license means and what benefits they get when they hire a landscaper with such a license?

I'd figure that be a great way to stand out from unlicensed businesses.