PDA

View Full Version : New Army guy from Fort Bragg, NC

ricky82nd
06-12-2011, 08:32 AM
:confused:Hello everyone my name is Devorick. I have been in the Fayetteville, Spring Lake area for about 4 months now. I always wanted to start my own lawn service. Back In Clarksville Tennessee, I notice so many independent Lawn companies in the area, and the profit they accumilated. I decided that I wanted to start my own this year. The name of my company is going to be Devorick's Lawn Care. Lately I have not been cutting any properties, because I am trying to get my business plan together. Also since I am In the military, I can only work on Sat, Sun, and some Fri afternoons. Can anyone give me some tips on how should I get the biz of the ground, and handle the weekend only projects?

Here is a list of the equipment currently on hand.

1x Poulan 450series 148cc push mower
1x Poulan P1500 Line Trimmer
1x Weed Eater RT112C Trimmer (electric)
1x Scotts Handy Green II Seed Spreader
1x 2 1/2 Gal fuel can
1x 1 Gal fuel can
plenty of tools

Steve
06-14-2011, 09:50 AM
Welcome to our forum!

Do you live on base? Will you only be servicing properties on base or off base as well?

I would suggest to put your feelers out and start letting everyone know you are in business. Just even getting a few customers right now on the weekends would really help boost your motivation for this. From there you will find it will slowly scale up a lot easier.

Are you handing out business cards to all your friends and asking them to keep an eye and ear open for lawn care work for you?