PDA

View Full Version : New from Canton, GA area

ShanettaBrown
06-09-2011, 07:41 AM
Hello,
I am new to this forum and have found it very helpful. I am actually seriously trying the business venture. Unfortunately, I lost my dad last year and he owned a lawn care business in Maryland. I bought all of his equiptment and truck to Georgia to sell, but thought that I might get more money long term if I try to start a business. My neighbor was unemployed, so he actually does all the bidding and cutting for me, I do marketing and advertising and find the accounts. I have been using fliers, door hangers and service magic. Its been two weeks so far, I have 10 customers.

And I am using the Gopher Software and love it.

Thanks
Shanetta
www.hjblawncarega.com

Steve
06-09-2011, 09:36 AM
Hi Shanetta,

Welcome to our forum!

I am very sorry about your father.

What is your view on running your own business so far? What have you found to be the difficult parts and what do you feel has come easier for you?

ShanettaBrown
06-16-2011, 05:28 PM
So far running the business has been great. I have been working on the website, fliers, business cards and trying the get new business. So I have been really busy. One of the difficulties I have is that I know nothing about lawn care and have to rely on others to bid the jobs and actually go out and cut the yards. That is a work in progress though as I have the time to learn and am willing to.

Steve
06-17-2011, 01:53 PM
Well it sounds like things are moving right along! Fantastic!