PDA

View Full Version : New From Myrtle Beach

duck279
06-08-2011, 05:46 PM
I am new to the site but not new to lawn care. I have always had a small lawn care business of some sort since I was a kid. I have now jumped up and am trying to grow a bigger more profitable business on the SC Coast. I am doing so in a crowded market but still believe my work ethic and dedication to my family can prevail.I also believe this is a competitive market and those of us who offer good products at good prices will succeed. I look forward to seeing what this site is about and hope it has some knowledgeable business professionals here.

Steve
06-09-2011, 07:04 AM
Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of things have you been doing to promote yourself so far?

duck279
06-11-2011, 08:40 AM
I put an add in the area ValPak. I was a little disappointed with the results. I actually have better luck with the local Craiglist and give the best price in the area. I have family who does marketing so I didn't have to pay for professional designs. I had a really nice add designed and put cards at every business that will permit. I have a full time job and am just trying to get up to about 30 full time customers. I want to focus on grass cutting and yard clean ups. I don't have the time right now to do full blown landscaping and refer those jobs to a friend of mine. I actually enjoy going out and cutting lawns at other peoples houses. It is relaxing for me to do manual labor. Sounds weird but it can be enjoyable.

Steve
06-14-2011, 09:45 AM
It is relaxing for me to do manual labor. Sounds weird but it can be enjoyable.

I think that is a big part of the allure of this industry. When you are working on something that is physical, you don't sit there and think about other things that might be bugging you. It's a total escape into the world of work. I think it's therapeutic.

That value pak marketing hasn't seemed to work much for others on here as well.

Are you promoting yourself much within your social network and with people you know?

SouthallMowing
06-14-2011, 12:01 PM
Welcome man, I was just down there last week for vacation. Not sure about the residential area mowing stuff. But you get anywhere near Kings HWY and you see the huge companies going at it. So, go advertise over there. Weed them out. :D

duck279
06-15-2011, 06:47 PM
Yeh great place to vacation. Ive actually picked up quite a few new residential customers and am picking up more each day. There is a quite a bit of competition but right price wins the job.

duck279
06-15-2011, 06:49 PM
I think that is a big part of the allure of this industry. When you are working on something that is physical, you don't sit there and think about other things that might be bugging you. It's a total escape into the world of work. I think it's therapeutic.

That value pak marketing hasn't seemed to work much for others on here as well.

Are you promoting yourself much within your social network and with people you know?

A few of my friends got me neighbors and friends for bi-weekly service. Doing better each day. Clients have started referring me to their friends.

Steve
06-16-2011, 02:14 PM
This is good news! As more people know about you, more people will call for service.