PDA

View Full Version : New guy from SW Fl.

Mr.PMS
06-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Hi all. I just recently started my business, Property Maintenance Service, in SW Florida. A family member bought me one of Steve's books, How to get customers, and after reading it I knew I would get more out of this site than any other I have looked at. I look forward to reading more of your posts and adding some of my own.

Dave

Steve
06-09-2011, 09:37 AM
Hi Dave,

Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of things have you been doing to promote your business so far?

Mr.PMS
06-09-2011, 03:38 PM
Well, so far truck sinage and passing out a lot of cards and a few adds in our local paper.
Our local county requires that you go through the process but more importantly the expense of getting a solicitors lisc. if you want to do anything other than put fliers in bags with rocks and throw them on driveways. I know that pisses me off when I come home and find that in my driveway.

However, I have gathered a lot of great Ideas from Vol.2 of your How to get Customers and I am putting together a new plan of action.

My wife came up with an idea that I think is great. I am going to order a bulk amount of business card size magnets - about $50 for 200 at vistaprint - and plaster the tailgate of my truck with them and a sign stating free magnets, please take one. I will let you know how that goes.

Steve
06-10-2011, 05:18 AM
Great! I look forwards to hearing your updates.