PDA

View Full Version : Hired To Clean Dog Droppings

aduttonater
06-06-2011, 11:23 AM
I recall back in 2009 before I started doing yard clean up full time, I was advertising for another company. I had received a call for some dog crap clean up on a property. When I forwarded the lead to the landscaper, he said that he does landscaping, not someones slave. Ha ha ha. What! is all was thinking. You don't want to take on this job and get paid money. I thought this was unprofessional on his part, due to turning down the work that I was hired to generate for them. I told his boss later on, the one who hired me to advertise for them. Not sure what happened of the situation.

This did put questions in my head as to what prospective other landscapers would take if given an opportunity to earn some cash off cleaning up dog crap on a customers property.

Would you take the job if given to you? Let me know

andersontl2
06-06-2011, 12:00 PM
I had a friend in school that started cleaning dog waste in high school. Made a ton of money with it in the mid 80's...sold it to a bigger company out of high school that paid for his higher education...

Byron3243
06-06-2011, 09:43 PM
I would do it, but it wouldnt be cheap

Johnny_boy02
06-06-2011, 11:04 PM
I do it. My business started out as only pet waste removal. Then a few customers asked if I did lawns so I said hell yes. Now it is pet waste removal and lawn care.

No shame in my game!

Hedgemaster
06-07-2011, 12:16 AM
I'm ready to drop a client the first time I run over a steaming pile with my mower, so no - I wouldn't clean up dog poo.

cruzgardening
06-07-2011, 03:25 AM
I recall back in 2009 before I started doing yard clean up full time, I was advertising for another company. I had received a call for some dog crap clean up on a property. When I forwarded the lead to the landscaper, he said that he does landscaping, not someones slave. Ha ha ha. What! is all was thinking. You don't want to take on this job and get paid money. I thought this was unprofessional on his part, due to turning down the work that I was hired to generate for them. I told his boss later on, the one who hired me to advertise for them. Not sure what happened of the situation.

This did put questions in my head as to what prospective other landscapers would take if given an opportunity to earn some cash off cleaning up dog crap on a customers property.

Would you take the job if given to you? Let me know

If it pays im there, the guy who i bought the business from said he never picked up dog crap, that it was the owners responsability, and i think he was right but if the owner wants to pay extra i do it depending on how messy the area is i start charging $20 for 1-5 craps $25 5-9 and so on. Most of my clients are pretty clean and pick it up themselves but the ones that dont and don't pay i just skip their house for the week.