PDA

View Full Version : New Mower Cutting Uneven

nickeckes
06-04-2011, 11:50 PM
So I Bought a Brand New Ariens 46" cut today, just a decent lawn tractor for smaller lots, so i tryed it out on my lawn first before i use it on any customers, and boy o boy does it cut uneven, has anyone esle had this problem with a new mower? I adjusted the tire pressure because it says in the manual its set high from factory to ship in the crate. . thinking about calling a shop to see if they will adjust it under warrenty. . . i dont feel like trying to mess with it to adjust the deck to make it level . .

So i am just wondering if anyone esle has had this problem with any type of mower they bought? ?

thanks

picframer
06-05-2011, 04:11 AM
I am not familiar with Ariens however I would assume it is like the Deere units in that there is a deck leveling ability, even on the box store units. Did you check the owners manual? If you bought it from the dealer this should have been part of their pre-sale inspection, give them a shout and explain what the issue is.

mark123
06-05-2011, 06:03 AM
Oops, I missed the part where you checked the tire pressure.

Are the blades level under the deck? Is there a bent spindle? Roll onto a level surface and measure from the ground to the blade (not the bottom of the deck) on each side and see if they are even.

wandfsmall
06-05-2011, 08:52 AM
from the description I am guessing that the deck was not leveled at setup. Unfortunately this is not warranty so if you bought it at a dealer they should fix it for you but if you bought it at a box store I would not expect many dealers to fix it for free.

Sprinkler Buddy
06-05-2011, 08:58 AM
It's not that hard to level yourself. Directions to level the deck should be in your manual.

Like said earlier, if bought from a dealer: they should level your deck at no charge to you!

Good Luck!

nickeckes
06-05-2011, 05:56 PM
Bought it from a little dealership around here, so today i went out and cut a 2.5 arc. lot all straight nothing to go around, blades ended up cutting fine(so i dont know if the black paint on the end of the new blades just had to get worn off or what) but w.e. so as i am cutting i noticed when i was going straight the steering wheel was crooked to the right, and when i moved the steering wheel straight the mower would go to the left. so after i was done cutting this lot i brought it back to the place where i bought it and explained the steering problem and how i wanted to just have them fix it/adjust it. the lady behind the desk does, We will give you a brand new tractor and send your old one back. . so i has pretty happy, she gave me a new one, i hoped on it and it drove fine and straight!! needless to say i used the rider i bought on a lot that took me just over 3.5 hours with pretty tall grass because the owner just bought the house and it never got cut yet this year:o, made $200 cutting it and took the lawn mower back i used that got a beating today on that tall grass and got a new one that had never been ran yet !!! :)

Steve
06-06-2011, 05:40 AM
WOW! I would figure the steering wheel issue would have been an easy fix for them, but hey, at the end of the day, you are happy so it's all good.

wandfsmall
06-06-2011, 06:13 AM
WOW! I would figure the steering wheel issue would have been an easy fix for them, but hey, at the end of the day, you are happy so it's all good.

I agree with you sounds like something a box store would do.... but it could have been a bent frame, that could cause the cut level to be screwy and steering to do the same.

nickeckes
06-06-2011, 04:29 PM
yeah i just said i wanted to have them fix it and she said no, we'll give you a new one, so i wasnt complaining, I only bought this rider becuase i cant get my 54" zero turn threw peoples fences. . now i got a 21" cut, 33" cut, 46" cut and a 54" cut. . i have to say my 33" cut walk behind is perfect where the old people still have a 36" gate to get into there fenced area!!!

foreverknight68
06-01-2012, 08:59 PM
So I Bought a Brand New Ariens 46" cut today, just a decent lawn tractor for smaller lots, so i tryed it out on my lawn first before i use it on any customers, and boy o boy does it cut uneven, has anyone esle had this problem with a new mower? I adjusted the tire pressure because it says in the manual its set high from factory to ship in the crate. . thinking about calling a shop to see if they will adjust it under warrenty. . . i dont feel like trying to mess with it to adjust the deck to make it level . .

So i am just wondering if anyone esle has had this problem with any type of mower they bought? ?

thanks

I bought the same type of mower two weeks ago, and the cutting on this thing is really bad. every time you take a left turn, the mower deck moves to close to the lawn and makes a gash mark. I've raised the mower deck higher but i get the same results. It appears that the deck is to loose for some reason.

CHEESE2009
06-02-2012, 03:43 PM
If you buy lawn equipment from Home Depot and there is a problem, it's probably because someone returned it.

I returned the same model self propelled mower 100 times, they dust it off and put it back on the floor to be sold again.

wandfsmall
06-02-2012, 06:09 PM
I bought the same type of mower two weeks ago, and the cutting on this thing is really bad. every time you take a left turn, the mower deck moves to close to the lawn and makes a gash mark. I've raised the mower deck higher but i get the same results. It appears that the deck is to loose for some reason.

first thing to check from your description is tire pressure.