PDA

View Full Version : Look at what I got today

Ducke
06-03-2011, 02:46 PM
Sorry I haven't been around much lately but been a little busy.
Things are starting to clear up and pick up.:)
As I stated in the title I got something neat today.

Ducke
06-03-2011, 02:52 PM
I got it given to me for free. (My kind of Price) The old 10hp B&S was removed and a 14hp Honda put in it and it works well but needs a tune up, The rear end is all messed up It won't come out of or go into gear, One wheel wants to go forward and the other wants to go backward,I have put the word out on a lawnmower site I frequent to see if I can get a copy of a shop manual .I think this is going to be a fun project. I think I will loose the mowing deck and try to jack the suspension up to give it more clearance and use it for hauling thing at the Camp.

Graham

The Cleaning Doctor
06-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Looks like a cool project. You can even put a small trailer behind it. I bet it does circles real well now. LOL

wandfsmall
06-03-2011, 07:01 PM
I am not sure you will find a shop manual but I can get you a breakdown. if I were you though I would go ahead when you have time and drop the transmission out and tear it down. you have nothing to loose as I suspect from the look of that new looking pulley and your description of the problem that someone was working on it and put it together wrong.

Steve
06-06-2011, 05:07 AM
That's a great find!

If you take apart the rear, take some pictures. I'd love to see the inner workings of it.

Ducke
06-06-2011, 07:47 PM
That's a great find!

If you take apart the rear, take some pictures. I'd love to see the inner workings of it.

I will do Steve.
I found a site on line that identifies it as a Model 4010 Dana rear end so I got a exploded view of it to work by.
But I will open it up and then take several pictures just so I have something to go by just in case.

I just don't know when I will get at it as I am getting busier and busier each week.
Picked up two one off mow jobs today and two full season mows.
Quoted three more that I think I should get two of.
Hedges are starting to look a little shaggy now I picked up two trim jobs last week and have one more to quote tomorrow along with a referral from a Spring Clean up customer of mine( that I find out is a real state agent) to do a complete refresh(lawns,Hedges and Flower beds) on a house that he has for sale.
Steve you were right things are coming together for me and my company. You just have to stick it out and keep plugging away. Don't let the little things like broken equipment or bad weather get you down,
You just have to have a back up plan and listen to the advice of you peers.
Thanks everyone for all the help you have given me and putting up with all my
question that you must have heard a thousand times.
I think having mentors is great in any business and this site give me dozens

Graham

cruzgardening
06-07-2011, 02:49 AM
that looks like a fun project to get ur mind off pesky clients haha

keep us updated and let us know if ull run it in the derby ;)

Ducke
06-08-2011, 07:41 PM
I am thinking of stripping it down to the frame and then painting everything Cat Yellow.
I know a Graphics guy that will make me some Cat Logos etc. I think it might look rather neat.

Graham

Steve
06-09-2011, 08:29 AM
That would look awesome!

http://media.mydoitbest.com/imagerequest.aspx?sku=771169&size=2&warehouse=C&newsize=200