PDA

View Full Version : newbie question

Daniel H
06-02-2011, 11:59 AM
Just quick question I have a power washing company that has been pretty strong over the years, one of my commercial clients literally came and asked me to give a price on mowing. I told them I dont really have a lot of experience but that didn't seem to be a problem. So my question is if I bought a zero turn mower from like Home depot would I look like a hack? I am looking at the 48 to 54 inch cuts. My thoughts on purchasing a cheaper mower is A.) this was not in my budget and B.) It might last but a year or so.
any thought would be great

wandfsmall
06-02-2011, 09:53 PM
that depends on the customer but most likely YES. How about getting something like the Hustler sport that has a fab deck and stronger frame. This way you can have a low price tag and still look like a commercial machine.

Steve
06-03-2011, 04:36 AM
So my question is if I bought a zero turn mower from like Home depot would I look like a hack?

My view is, the customer wouldn't know the difference as long as you provided a decent service.

Who knows, maybe you try this out and see that you like offering lawn care and you get into it more. Or maybe you try it out and find you don't want to do it any further.

Either way, if you don't spend too much money now, you can dip your toes in, see what you think of it and go from there.

Keep us posted on how it all goes.