PDA

View Full Version : Getting at blades to change them

S.P.Martin Lawn Care
02-14-2007, 01:06 PM
My Ferris does not have easy access to the blades in order to service them. *I'm certain other similar mowers have the same issue.

I've used an engine hoist to lift the front end enough to reach under with an air wrench. *I can only lift it so far before the rear bumper/frame hit the ground. *Just seems like there has a got to be an easier way.

I'm thinking of ramps or a small gantry. *Something that can be stored and assembed with relative ease and still allow room to get at everything under the deck. I'd like to hear what everybody else is doing to make it easier. *Post pictures if you have them.

Steve
02-14-2007, 04:19 PM
I sent an email to the Ferris company. If no one else here is able to help, maybe one of Ferris' staff will be able to log in and help with this.

tiedeman
02-14-2007, 06:35 PM
my suggestion would be to use car ramps

S.P.Martin Lawn Care
02-15-2007, 02:32 PM
I've been trying to find some car ramps that will lift the front wheels about 16 inches off the ground. The other nice feature to make it work for me is the ramps should be removable so they don't block me from reaching in from the side to get to the spindle bolts. I haven't been able to find a set that is tall enough. I'll probably build a set before the season starts.

tiedeman
02-15-2007, 04:59 PM
You may have to unhook the deck each time.

RDPLAWN
02-20-2007, 10:02 AM
blade removeing .I use my trayler gate.to changs blades. you will have to move the mower to each side of the gate hang the deck over the edge of the gate to get at the blades I use a jack stan for safety block rear wheels to make sure mower dose not roll