PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki string trimmers

outdoorsman
05-31-2011, 09:49 PM
I recently bought a new kawasaki kgt27b string trimmer and like everything about it except the bump head, does anyone know what other bump head will fit on this model? I've been in the commercial lawn business about a year and bought a stihl fs56 when I first got started and it was very dependable but the vibration from it drove me crazy, This new kawasaki is smoooth!! Thanks for any input or advice.

Hedgemaster
05-31-2011, 11:23 PM
I recently bought a new kawasaki kgt27b string trimmer and like everything about it except the bump head, does anyone know what other bump head will fit on this model? I've been in the commercial lawn business about a year and bought a stihl fs56 when I first got started and it was very dependable but the vibration from it drove me crazy, This new kawasaki is smoooth!! Thanks for any input or advice.

Can't help, but I have a Stihl FS90R and my hand goes numb after about 20 minutes of use. I had considered posting to ask if vibration was a common "issue" and then I see you mention it... may have to look into other models - I've been thinking I should get a backup anyway.

Steve
06-01-2011, 07:29 AM
Do you think the vibration is coming from the head or is it the engine?

outdoorsman
06-01-2011, 07:48 AM
I've tried different heads from older stihl models and it still vibrates terribly, I also have the fs90r and the fs55 model and neither of those vibrate as bad as the newer fs56 model.

Steve
06-02-2011, 08:20 AM
It sounds like if someone could come up with some kind of vibration dampening handle that could be attached to a line trimmer, there could be quite a bit of money in it for them.

wandfsmall
06-02-2011, 08:59 AM
Do you think the vibration is coming from the head or is it the engine?

is this a 4-mix stihl if so you might have someone look at the valves that could cause a lot of vibration. As for the kawasaki replacement head any universal oregon head should work. but just in case ask your kawasaki dealer for a head.

Steve
06-03-2011, 05:25 AM
Is there any kind of adjustment the operator could make to the trimmer's valves or does it become to complex then?

wandfsmall
06-03-2011, 12:54 PM
I took a look at my stihl technical reference guide and it is not a 4mix unit but for the most part stihl info is hard to come by without going to a stihl shop so I do recommend going to a stihl shop for most repairs.