PDA

View Full Version : STIHL Recalls Yard Power Products Due to Burn and Fire Hazards

SuperiorPower
05-28-2011, 08:42 PM
Folks, this is something that I suspect affects HUNDREDS of you.... You guys need to look into this. Check your equipment....

STIHL Recalls Yard Power Products Due to Burn and Fire Hazards (http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml11/11226.html)

Hedgemaster
05-28-2011, 09:01 PM
Some guy remodeling a house I was working at asked if I heard about this - I hadn't.

Can't wait to find out if the new caps are OK, or if they will cause more problems than they correct.

wdcutter
05-29-2011, 07:10 AM
was looking to add an BR600 blower to the lineup to replace my husky, hope they get it resolved.
Have used alot of Sthil products in the past with no problems.

picframer
05-30-2011, 07:43 PM
The BR600 is one friggin amazing blower!

I sold the excavation/landscaping/lawn care business a few months ago but kept quite a few Stihl products for around the property, took them in and had the caps replaced.

The only time I have had issues with the caps personally was on the chain saws.

Hedgemaster
05-30-2011, 08:13 PM
The BR600 is one friggin amazing blower!

I sold the excavation/landscaping/lawn care business a few months ago but kept quite a few Stihl products for around the property, took them in and had the caps replaced.

The only time I have had issues with the caps personally was on the chain saws.

So that's all they are doing - just replacing the cap?

Wasn't sure how extensive the "upgrade" was going to be.

justin_time
05-30-2011, 08:35 PM
I didn't even check if my trimmer is on the list but I had problems with my cap so it probably is on this list. I will have to check my serial number because it can't even identify it on the machine, it's all torn off lol

Steve
05-31-2011, 04:38 AM

No wonder we haven't seen any projects from you lately!

What are you doing now with all your free time? Any new business ventures.

picframer
06-01-2011, 05:36 PM
No wonder we haven't seen any projects from you lately!

What are you doing now with all your free time? Any new business ventures.

Shifted gears and took on a massive project serving on a Board of Directors and General Manager of the Seaport Market, 240 vendors in a new massive waterfront development, office view is stunning:) Quite a challange.

My son is now employed with a world wide accounting firm, daughter is leaving this fall for a University that is quite a distance away for her undergrad, thought I would do an office job for a few years again in a field I have never tried.

No business ventures, the woodworking is going full steam and I have staff cranking out products.

I'm honestly glad we are not in the excavation/landscaping business this year, the loss's would have been brutal, our spring was so wet excavation has only been possible in the past week, landscaping is about a month behind. I mowed the lawn for the first time last Monday, simply too wet. The economy is still shaky although I still get 5 or 6 calls a week even though I brought the website down.

Working around the property a bit, spending more time with my dog, nothing real exciting yet:)

Hedgemaster
06-01-2011, 10:36 PM
Andy, first of all, I want to wish you all the best in your new adventure!

In the short time I've been here on this forum, I've learned a lot from your postings and always appreciate the time you take to help a new guy out.

Secondly, I stopped by my dealer to get a new gas cap installed.
Here's how the process took place.

Me: "Hi, I received a call about the Stihl fuel cap recall letting me know that you have the replacements in stock".

Them: (hands me a fuel cap from a big box behind the counter) "Here you go."

That's it! LOL!

Steve
06-02-2011, 07:40 AM
nothing real exciting yet

We know you are always thinking and there are more great things to come from you.

picframer
06-02-2011, 12:02 PM
Yea it didn't take long, they never even checked the serial, neither did I:)

Thanks for the kind words, miss the work in a way however this is a nice change, more pressure but far less hours and something different.

Not sure what the next adjentre will be:)

That's it! LOL![/QUOTE]