PDA

View Full Version : Hello new guy from massachusetts

mike affordable
05-23-2011, 09:15 PM
my name is mike and i just started my biz affordable lawncare this past march. got laydoff in jan. so i had time on my hands was thinking of thing i can do to make extra dough! i thought since i have a chevy 1500 pic up a trailer some basic yard tools and a push mower i could start a lawn biz on the side . i do HVAC full time but looking to do lawncare full time when i have enough accounts i have 8 lawns now not bad so far i guess. looking forward to learning alot from the forum.

Steve
05-24-2011, 04:11 AM
Hi Mike,

Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of things have you been doing so far to get those customers and what kinds of marketing are you looking to do as you grow?

mike affordable
05-31-2011, 09:19 PM
Hi Mike,

Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of things have you been doing so far to get those customers and what kinds of marketing are you looking to do as you grow?

hey steve.. I have been sending out flyers and had door hangers made both seem to work well i think i will try postcards next.

Steve
06-01-2011, 07:24 AM
Good for you!

Keep getting the word out, especially to everyone in your social network and things will grow!

mike affordable
06-01-2011, 09:13 PM
im trying to keep up with my accounts .with all the rain we had in the past couple of weeks and my primary job it's tough. but.guess i will get through it. cant wait to be able quit my full time job. and focus on my biz when i get enough clients .

Steve
06-02-2011, 08:27 AM
Have you planned it out and figured what number of customers you will need in order to go fulltime with your business?

mike affordable
06-06-2011, 08:55 PM
no steve i havn't figured out how many but i would have to say probably around 30 clients or so.

Steve
06-07-2011, 03:59 PM
That's great you got a figure. I'd say put that up on the way and chip away at it until you reach your goal and get to go full time with your business.