PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of moving to Texas

Dragger
05-22-2011, 07:47 PM
Thinking of moving to Azle Texas my wife parents have a home there they wish to sell to her and neither of us have family in Virginia where we now live ,but am kinda scared of moving and starting over in a new area .

Right now most of my work is county living folks where the lawns are not fancy and some i even bush hog.

Anyone familure with this area of Texas? Growing season , what do you do in winter months i am going to go out on the limb here and say i probably will not need my snow plow truck there .

Also any one in that area need some cheep help for a couple months when i first move there as i try to get established with my own company once again .

I hate the thought of starting over but getting older and no family here for her nor I and our parents are getting older also so probably need to be closer any way

Oh well mainly just expressing thoughts here in writting to try and get my head around the idea

Thanks for listening

Dragger

Sprinkler Buddy
05-22-2011, 08:30 PM
It's time to make the move! Family is far more important than any of the fears you face. I'm sure you'll do just fine in Texas as far as lawn work goes. I would guess, fire wood would be a good winter time job once you got some connections. Good Luck with the move, sounds as if you already know what I have mentioned. You just wanted to hesr it from someone else besides your wife.:)

Dragger
05-22-2011, 09:15 PM
It's time to make the move! Family is far more important than any of the fears you face. I'm sure you'll do just fine in Texas as far as lawn work goes. I would guess, fire wood would be a good winter time job once you got some connections. Good Luck with the move, sounds as if you already know what I have mentioned. You just wanted to hesr it from someone else besides your wife.:)

Been a long time since i have moved 21 years to be exact and when i made that move it was a company trasfer so i had a job when i got here to Virginia ,just a strange feeling.

Hardest part is moving with no income once i get there and not even sure of the job market in Texas in case i need to find a 9-5 to hold me over till i get lawn service underway again ....and there there is the issue of moving 5 trucks all old a massy fergison tractor bush hog scraper blades and all the trailers that go with it ...may just have to sell it all and start fresh with new used equipment

oh well just more thoughs

Dragger

Sprinkler Buddy
05-22-2011, 10:43 PM
That is a huge move no doubt, with a lot of uncertainties. Selling would be the better choice in my opinion. Pray about it! Hope that doesn't offend you but that's what I do often. Going through some challenges myself and praying has helped me "Big Time".

Not really sorry if that did offend you, only sorry for you if it did. Yes, I do tend to speake my mind a little to often.:D:

Steve
05-23-2011, 06:34 AM
What's your view on the pros and cons of the move? Do you feel one side is larger than the other?