PDA

View Full Version : Shell Gas lawn .

bruces
05-20-2011, 09:13 PM
Today I saw an employee of a shell gas bar cutting the lawn .He was using a push reel type mower .What is this world coming to,when even Shell cant afford gas for a lawnmower ? he had about a normal city yard worth of lawn to cut too,so it was a big enough job to warrant a gas mower .

Hedgemaster
05-20-2011, 09:46 PM
Today I saw an employee of a shell gas bar cutting the lawn .He was using a push reel type mower .What is this world coming to,when even Shell cant afford gas for a lawnmower ? he had about a normal city yard worth of lawn to cut too,so it was a big enough job to warrant a gas mower .

That is pretty funny.

Strangely enough, I just picked up a job cutting for a lady who had been using a reel mower until her knee blew out.
Apparently the docs told her that pushing any type of mower UP HILL wasn't in her best interest.

LOL. Go figure.

I cut her lawn today and she pain up front for the month.

Steve
05-23-2011, 04:12 AM
That is a funny story and would have made for a great picture! Keep you eye out for that in the future.

My view is that it is just probably the easiest way the station owner has found to have an employee maintain the property. The non mechanical push mower won't ever have a problem starting so for that it would be pretty reliable, especially if it were on a small grass area.