PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Richard in Tasmania

rsawford
05-18-2011, 04:30 AM
Hi All

Just found this site yesterday and finding very helpful, well done Steve and thanks. My wife and I made a lifestyle change, moving from the rat race in Melbourne to Tasmania in a small village 20min north of Launceston. For the last 34 yrs I have been an Engineer working in the Telecommunications sector. The last five years the industry has gone from simple telephony to IT, I don't mind hard work but the IT sector is just burning staff out. So now I am starting my own lawn care business with my son-in-law to be here in paradise. We have a lovely little 2 bd cottage on three and a half acres, this has giving me plenty of practice.
I have a question. Can the mow time estimator be used in decimal?

Regards Richard

Steve
05-19-2011, 04:55 AM
My wife and I made a lifestyle change, moving from the rat race in Melbourne to Tasmania in a small village 20min north of Launceston.

Welcome to our forum! Can you tell us a little about what made you finally decide to take that jump to changing your lifestyle? Was this something you always wanted to do or was this more of something that slowly crept up on you?

Can the mow time estimator be used in decimal?

How do you mean? Like which parts?

rsawford
05-23-2011, 02:24 AM
I made the change because of the stress of corporate life.

Sorry I meat metric not decimal. Can the lawn estimator be used in metric instead of imperial?

Steve
05-23-2011, 06:42 AM
I'd suggest trying it on here, the free version does the same thing as the downloadable version.

I didn't design it to be functional with the metric system though.