PDA

View Full Version : i Have Two thing

atylawncare
05-17-2011, 11:25 PM
Heres the first question i have i drive by this church everyday and they cut their own grass but they dont weed trim and its gettin prolly a little over knee high i dont think they have a wee eater should i stop and offer them the service to just weed trim for them i dont have very many accounts right now and i was thinking maybe that could turn into something more and how much should i charge per foot on that ? And the other thing is i made a new site i was wanting to see if i can get some feed back on it its atylawncare.weebly.com i think this one is more professional than the last one but im looking for some feed back from the outside because your guys feed back has been very helpful.
thank you :confused:

Tom53
05-18-2011, 08:34 AM
Most churches in our area have someone from the congregation do the mowing and other light lawn maintenance, and even snow removal in the winter. Not sure how other churches do it, but ours uses volunteers who bring their own equipment and the church does not pay for it. It is done on a rotating basis from the members. It is considered as a service to the church.

I would assume that some churches do pay for services if they are big enough, so about all you can do is ask the pastor or priest, or church secretary.

As far as what to charge, well all I can say is,,,, it is a church, and you know who is watching over you, so don't shaft the church on high pricing now and maybe "JUST MAYBE" you wont get the shaft come judgment day! LOL

We dont have that weed and trimming problem at our church, but I am sure if I saw it that bad, I personally would just go do it on a day when I had some down time. In my case, I would even prefer not to have anyone know I had done it for the church. Thats one of them "warm and fuzzy" kind of things you can keep to yourself. But that's just me. Much better that way in my opinion.

But there is also another way you could do this to YOUR advantage....>

I know its a business where you want to make money, but in the end money really isnt everything. And besides, if you "volunteer" that service to the church, maybe the pastor will mention you and your business during services, and some member might need your services, and you could pick up a customer that way if you leave your information with the pastor when you do the job for the church. Maybe even let you put a business card on the church bulletin board. Just ask if that is something the church would do for you in return for you weed eating once a month or so.

Steve
05-19-2011, 04:05 AM
I agree with Tom on this one. As I was reading your post, I first off commending you for keeping your eyes open and secondly for figuring out what you could do to help.

Maybe just stop by and do the trimming. Then maybe send a letter to the church and tell them you thought they could use a little help with their lawn care so you did the trimming and will keep an eye on it in the future if it still needs help.

It would be a great experimentation for you to see how you can utilize a kind gesture as a marketing tool.

Now, continue to keep your eyes open for commercial or residential properties with the same problem and look into why their property is not being taken well care of. It's those properties you want to charge to perform your services for.

Keep us posted on your thoughts about this.