vague question gets vague answer.

Good luck!

bruces
05-17-2011, 07:59 PM
in their wallets !

Steve
05-17-2011, 09:14 PM
Hi Sean,

What kinds of marketing techniques have you been using so far?

Tom53
05-18-2011, 12:00 AM
hold them hostage! LOL

Actually, several things can help get new customers.

As already stated, ADVERTISE

No matter the size of the job, big or small, give it the best you can, and if you can be proud of what you have done, it will be noticed. Good work and satisfied customers equals great word of mouth referrals.

Realize you dont get a grade for the job you do, it is either pass or fail.

Give just a little extra to your customers now and then, they appreciate it, and once again it goes back to word of mouth.

Dont be afraid to ask for referrals, do you know anyone else who could "benefit" from my services? don't say do you know anyone else who could "use" my services.... benefit is much better, kind of hinting that they are going to get that little bit extra instead of just getting the job done.

When working for acceptance on a new customer, or contract, if you are asking questions,,,,,,ALWAYS ask a question where the answer has to be YES Several seemingly innocent "yes" questions about what you will do for them, (of course in a professional and efficient manner as you have explained to them) will more likely lead to a "yes" for the closing which should be easier if you have led them along correctly.

Hope this helps.

sean.grue
05-18-2011, 01:46 PM
What do you think is the best "bang for the buck" advertising is?

I have created a website http://www.gruesomegrass.com and put adds all over the web.

I was just trying to find out where I should spend my money.

Steve
05-19-2011, 05:08 AM
When working for acceptance on a new customer, or contract, if you are asking questions,,,,,,ALWAYS ask a question where the answer has to be YES Several seemingly innocent "yes" questions about what you will do for them, (of course in a professional and efficient manner as you have explained to them) will more likely lead to a "yes" for the closing which should be easier if you have led them along correctly.

Tom that is very interesting. Can you give us an idea of some good leading questions to ask?

KeystoneLC
05-19-2011, 03:14 PM
I am new to the Lawn business but a veteran in sales. The leading question is good and tends to lead the customer in a positive direction. But it must be followed with a close, ie. a question that asks for the business. I like to use a soft close such as "when can we get started", "when would you like us to be here", "would you like us to do that now" etc...

ABC = Allways be Closing

always, always, always ask for the business

Steve
05-20-2011, 06:00 AM
I am new to the Lawn business but a veteran in sales.

That's some great info, What is your view on the biggest mistakes people make when trying to sell?