PDA

View Full Version : Hello From New Hampshire

Cashin H&P
05-15-2011, 10:26 PM
Hi I am Liam Cashin and I am graduating High school in a month I am starting my own landscaping company called Cashin home and Property services. I have been working for a landscaping company for the last 3 years now, but i am very excited to start my own. I am going to be getting my land scape design certificate at The New Hampshire Tech school. Any tips would be great

Steve
05-16-2011, 06:42 PM
Welcome to our forum!

With that three years of experience you have so far working for that other company, do you feel you have learned some business lessons that stand out which you could apply to your new business?

Cashin H&P
05-16-2011, 09:54 PM
I was mostly in the labor end at first but last year I was given jobs to do my self so i had to interact with the customers which taught me alot about how to deal with them. I also watched my bosses (the company is co owned) give bids so I have a little experience with that right now, however that is one thing I want to improve on.

I am currently working on my senior project which is to build a pathway that is handicap accessible. The girl is sophomore at my school and has a nerve syndrome that puts her in a wheelchair. The path is 750 sq feet. It has been alot of work but its what made me really want to be a landscaper.

Steve
05-17-2011, 08:59 PM
I am currently working on my senior project which is to build a pathway that is handicap accessible. The girl is sophomore at my school and has a nerve syndrome that puts her in a wheelchair. The path is 750 sq feet. It has been alot of work but its what made me really want to be a landscaper.

That is a great story!

Is this something you can put together in a press release and send off to your local newspaper? I bet they would love to do a story on you about this and it would bring you attention for your lawn care business!

Cashin H&P
05-18-2011, 06:40 AM
yes the local news papers are coming to do an interview next week. Her mother actually set up the interviews. I thought it was a great way to get my name out there. We also have to have whats called a take away peace which is something you give to the people who come and watch the presentation. My take away peace is business cards for my company.

Steve
05-19-2011, 04:58 AM
This sounds like its going to be very interesting! Keep us posted on how this goes and let us know when it gets in the paper.

Brilliant work!