PDA

View Full Version : LOCKE MOWER triplex 72"

SECTLANDSCAPING
05-15-2011, 01:35 PM
Hey guys I seen this old mower for cheap and was wondering if you knew anything about it. I never seen one but its a 72" reel mower. I think they were from the 70s. Has anyone ever cut with one? Is there parts still available?

Its cool looking if that counts for anything.

bruces
05-15-2011, 05:53 PM
reel mowers give a superb cut ,they are commonly used on golf courses ,they are a pain to sharpen,but everything else is as simple as a hammer .The mower in the picture looks newer than 70's because it appears to have some safety equipment on it ,I used to have a powered reel mower from the 70's ,it left an amazing cut .

SECTLANDSCAPING
05-15-2011, 06:51 PM
Do you know how heavy this thing is? Looks like it weighs more then a normal wb mower. Im thinking of taken a look at but its over a hour away. I seen a video that shows a pulley start kinda of interesting.

wandfsmall
05-15-2011, 08:06 PM
that will be extremely heavy mower. I would also want more info on the engine before I bought it. it is possible that it would be hard to get parts for and also hard to find a replacement engine. So you need to make sure the engine runs before you spend money on it. it takes special tools to sharpen a reel mower but they do give a better cut then a standard mower.