PDA

View Full Version : Greetings From Florida

lawnsape
05-14-2011, 07:18 PM
Hello everyone I am From Gainesville Fl. I have owned a lawn and landscaping business for 11 years. Just saying hey to everyone and looking to share experiences to hopefully build a better business.

Cashin H&P
05-15-2011, 10:32 PM
Hi im just starting out do you have any advice for me!

Steve
05-16-2011, 06:43 PM
Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of things are you looking to improve upon?

lawnsape
05-18-2011, 08:41 PM
"Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of things are you looking to improve upon?"

Thats a good question Steve, I am not really sure I have a pretty good knowledge base. I guess I would like to get some perspective from other business owners, you know to see how things are going in their neck of the woods and to how their business has been affected by the economy and what they have done to adjust to the current economic climate, whats worked and what's not worked. And maybe just give a good old fashioned vent once and a while.

"Hi im just starting out do you have any advice for me!"
I would say don't under price your jobs I know that sounds simple but what I have seen in my area is a ton of start up companies lately and out of desperation to get work they are really selling work cheap. Also and one of the biggest mistakes I see are people not trying to sell contracts, because they are scared of a rejection. So they take the per cut way to make some quick money but that will catch up with you. You have to have contracts to survive in this business. Also Just do a good job, good work will get you customers faster than anything. People forget price when they have a job that has been done crappy. They don't remember what they payed, just how bad it was done and who did it. Do a great job even if you under price it by mistake. Just learn from the mistake and don't do it again. Word of mouth is the best advertising.

950thomas
05-18-2011, 09:14 PM
I agree with u if u don't sell contracts u will not make it very long contracts is what keeps my employes in jobs all year long

lawnsape
05-18-2011, 09:47 PM
950 thomas where r u from?

lawnsape
05-20-2011, 12:28 AM
Hey Steve I was wandering why my signature does'nt show up do I have to have so many posts first?

lawnsape
05-20-2011, 12:44 AM
never mind Steve figured it out

Steve
05-20-2011, 06:38 AM
Ok, It is working for me :)