PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Mistake

CanadayLandscaping
05-12-2011, 10:37 PM
Had to post what happened to me tonight. Just got home from work and my phone rings. Didn't recognize the number, so I answered it like I always do "Canaday Lawn Care, Wayne speaking, how can I help you?"

The gentlemen on the other end said, "Yeah Wayne, this is Chris, you and your brother put a stone wall in for me last week, and I need some help!"

I said "I'm sorry, I don't install stone walls, and I don't have a brother"

Gentlemen: "Really? I have so many business cards, I thought for sure you were the guy...... do you do landscaping?"

Me:"I sure do, can I help you with anything?"

Gentlemen:"Yeah, I need some trees removed, and my lawn cut weekly, could you do that for me?"

Me:"Absolutely!!!, see you tomorrow"

First time I have ever received a call from the wrong number and got a new client. I actually walked right out the door and went to his house, removed 2 of the 4 trees and got a contract signed.... AWESOME!!!

Hedgemaster
05-13-2011, 12:19 AM
Had to post what happened to me tonight. Just got home from work and my phone rings. Didn't recognize the number, so I answered it like I always do "Canaday Lawn Care, Wayne speaking, how can I help you?"

The gentlemen on the other end said, "Yeah Wayne, this is Chris, you and your brother put a stone wall in for me last week, and I need some help!"

I said "I'm sorry, I don't install stone walls, and I don't have a brother"

Gentlemen: "Really? I have so many business cards, I thought for sure you were the guy...... do you do landscaping?"

Me:"I sure do, can I help you with anything?"

Gentlemen:"Yeah, I need some trees removed, and my lawn cut weekly, could you do that for me?"

Me:"Absolutely!!!, see you tomorrow"

First time I have ever received a call from the wrong number and got a new client. I actually walked right out the door and went to his house, removed 2 of the 4 trees and got a contract signed.... AWESOME!!!

That is awesome. Congrats!

Did you see my post about the house I was thinking of leaving a card at as I drove by, and then the homeowner called me a few minutes later for an estimate? Freaky stuff happens.

ToastedToad
05-13-2011, 12:58 AM
That's awesome!

Similar story here. I have been mowing a gated entrance to a really nice hillside estate community for 6 years. A few years ago a new land owner moved in and asked me if I wanted to do some work for him. I was not taking any work at the time so I declined. This year I went full time. A few weeks after starting up I get a call...

Client: "Hi, I live up on such and such Rd. and have XYZ work to be done, I saw your ad in the paper and though it looked right up your alley..."

Me: Um...is this so and so?

Client: Ummmm yeah....

Me: Hey there this is Scott I'll take that work now!

Been mowing two nasty hillsides for him ever since and picked up another big weekly.

Gotta love coincidence!

Steve
05-13-2011, 04:02 PM
It seems like this kind of thing can happen anywhere. Right place, right time. Also, it shows the importance of being prepared. You never know when an opportunity may arise.

Have you ever found such events happening anywhere else?