PDA

View Full Version : Just saying hi.

Ryans Custom mowing
05-10-2011, 12:37 AM
This computer stuff is all new to me but,I realize it is becoming more a part of the business. We have been in business since 2003 sold out in 2008 to move to OK. to be closer with family. At first I didn't think or miss doing lawn service until the following spring hit and I got to missing my customers. We have really been struggling to get more customers but,will get there. When we first started the customers came easy. Now I'm having to advertise and that's hard for me. Because, I don't have trouble talking to people it's the part of going to the door and selling our services. So, with that said if any one has a suggesting please fill free to comment. Thanks!

Steve
05-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Welcome to our forum!

First off, what is your view on why the market is different now from when you initially got started? What is your view on why you feel you need to advertise now and didn't have to previously?

Initially with your previous lawn care business, how were you getting customers? Can any of those tactics continue to work now or no?

Ryans Custom mowing
05-10-2011, 11:04 PM
When i started money really wasn't all that tight people would see us mowing or would be referred by word of mouth. Plus,where we where i was more known than i am now where we are now. Also, 2 years in I ran onto an elderly man who was retiring and we bought him out.

Ryans Custom mowing
05-10-2011, 11:08 PM
the one thing most everybody has the computer. they go to it more now than the news paper. like here in bartlesville,OK downtown is all free wifi so people don't want to spend money they can do things free.

Steve
05-11-2011, 02:23 PM
So the key here would be to make yourself known in your new area. Can you start off with simple steps like getting business cards made. Advertising on craigslist. Getting your family and friends to hand out some of your business cards. Also, go out and meet your neighbors and let them know about your new business?

Another important step is to get some signs on your truck so your neighbors and others in your town start to become familiar with your business name.

We have been in business since 2003 sold out in 2008 to move to OK.

As a business owner who has sold their business and purchased a business, do you have any advice on both processes to those that might be looking to sell their business or buy an existing business?