PDA

View Full Version : What a day!

CHEESE2009
05-09-2011, 06:16 PM
So apparently we "were" getting rain on Thurs & Friday. Might just be Friday now.

Anyway, I did Monday, Tuesday, and half of my Wednesday lawns.

My efficiency was deadly, unfortunately I will most likely be paralyzed tomorrow, lol. All the lawns had grass a little under my knees. This is from the week of rain previously. (I bagged the grass of every lawn).

I was finished (physically) around 2pm... BUT, I took my own advice and changed my socks - I then got a power boost lol. Myth confirmed baby!

Started at 8am till 6pm....

I think I pushed myself hard today because I was excited to cut grass again, and I didn't want to stop! LOLLLLL

Steve
05-10-2011, 06:56 PM
How are you doing now?

CHEESE2009
05-11-2011, 12:09 AM
How are you doing now?

I'm in pain lol. Everything hurts. I don't think I want to be doing that again any time soon!

It's probably better to just tell the customer, "Sorry, it rained on your day and there is nothing I can do about it" than to kill myself by overworking.

I had a really irritating day today, a customer who thinks I run my business just for her and isn't afraid to waste any of my time until I give her what she wants.

I'm trying to get my damn lawns done, and she's wondering why I can't remove the thatch from her lawn and cut her grass, but before that "get a new lawn mower bag and come back before noon" because a tiny hole in the side of my current bag will cause her to have a heart attack if any grass/dust blows out from it.....:mad:

Not to mention, she's ALWAYS there watching me. I have to go 90% slower just so she doesn't freak out. It would take me literally 5 minutes to cut her grass but I'm always stuck there an hour or more. AND she's always trying to lower the cost of my service every month!

I wasn't going to take her this year, but I was too excited for the season and gave in. I regret it instantly. ALSO, she calls me every god damn day to re-schedule so that she's home when I arrive.

I'm going crazy. I will not take her next year.

picframer
05-11-2011, 06:08 AM
This weather we are having is simply brutal, it's beet nothing but rain and the ground is so saturated with water we can't even spray, it's rained heavy all week and they have a rainfall warning for today....more shop time I guess

Steve
05-11-2011, 03:35 PM
I wasn't going to take her this year, but I was too excited for the season and gave in. I regret it instantly.

What kind of warning signs were you picking up early on when you first met up with her?

Also, what's your view on the best way to deal with customers that have nothing else to do but to sit there and watch you mow?