PDA

View Full Version : New service offering - 50 .edu backlinks $45

The Cleaning Doctor
05-08-2011, 11:43 AM
You are all aware that backlinks play an important role in your search engine rankings and of all the links that you can obtain, .edu and .gov carry more weight than .com .org and .info sites.

Edu backlinks enjoy great trust from search engines over a .com, .net and .org links. This is due to the fact that .edu domain extensions are only given to “accredited” institutions, they are more “trusted” by the search engines. More “trust” is also assigned to the edu domains because most of these domains are older and well-established.

EDU backlinks are considered the holy grail of all backlinks.” Backlinks from other sites are considered a vote or recommendation of your website. A website with a recommendation coming from Bill Gates or Oprah Winfrey is given greater trust by Google than Paris Hilton or Jenna Jameson. So your backlink campaign should consist of authoritative, trustworthy sites that sit in good neighborhoods such as .EDU websites. Because of that, this edu link building service will really help you to get rank your web on search engine.

1) We build links in High authority EDU profiles, where domain PR starts from 8 down to 2.

2) If any of the links get deleted within 3 months after our service, it will
be replaced for free of cost.

3) These are profile links and I will be providing the login info.

4) Most of these are .edu but occasionally we have a .gov to throw into the mix.

The cost for this service is $45

After the payment is made, you will be directed to a form to input your information. If you have issues with this, PM me your url and 2 keywords.

Steve
05-09-2011, 05:38 PM
I'd love to know how they go about doing this. Maybe there are a bunch of sites out there that are edu or gov sites that you can post comments on?

The Cleaning Doctor
05-09-2011, 07:16 PM
There are a bunch of those and they are heavily moderated and pruned. They delete old comments and may never approve them to go live.

These that I have found are still moderated but they are forums so they tend to be a little more lenient as long as there is no obvious spam. Forum profiles also tend to stick better than blog comments from the .edu domains.

The Cleaning Doctor
05-22-2011, 12:25 AM
I thought I would give a little update to the ranking of my site DeckStainingTips.com It was languishing for 2 keywords "deck staining" at #9 and "deck stain" at #26

Deck staining has moved from #9 to #2
Deck stain has moved from #26 to #19

Both of those words are very competitive in nature and very difficult to rank highly for as most of the competitor sites have been around for years.

Sprinkler Buddy
05-22-2011, 06:23 PM
$45.00 not bad. My problem is, I don't believe getting the back links you can supply would actually bring me more sales. Offer a free trial period that shows me the results by creating more sales, then I would pay $45.00 all day long. A Free trial period with no credit card info. required! Show me, you believe in your product, maybe then I would too.

I may be wrong, but I feel most companys such as yours are just trying to take advantage of companys that are desperate to get their word out the cheapest way they can find. I have found many places to place a back link, very few of them actually sent traffic that spent any amount of time on my site. The one we are currently on has showed positive results thus far and it was FREE as you know, your here. The key I feel is finding back links with sites that are similar in subject matter as your own. Do you offer that? Do you supply all the locations you actually place a back link too? Do you update that info. when or if it changes? Is $45.00 a monthly charge?

As you can see, I'll need a lot of convincing. I would like any thoughts you may have for me posted here for all to see. Convince me here and I'll become a customer! Look forward to your response. RyRo, Inc.

The Cleaning Doctor
05-22-2011, 08:33 PM
You are taking the wrong perspective to back links. Back links are not directed at sales, the purpose of back linking is to boost your standings in the search engines. This is what brings sales. People directly searching for what you are providing. I agree the traffic from these kinds of links are piss poor because they are not targeted traffic.

I was averaging 50 unique visitors per day before the ranking change. My traffic nearly doubled from Google just because the site is now ranking at #2 instead of #9. This is the kind of traffic I want, not traffic coming through the links that I create. I want my traffic coming directly from the Google search results and you should as well.

These links come from PR2-8 .edu sites and the links are designed to be permanent. Some of the sites are off shore .edu.xx from places like Pakistan, Russia, Australia etc. while the others are .edu in the US. It is a mixture from around the world. All of these links are of a do-follow nature where the page rank travels with the link. This is used by Google as one point in determining your own page rank.

I tell people all the time that they can do this themselves, but I can tell you that you would spend way more than $45 worth of your time looking for these sites and there are 25 of them in each package. You really have to know what to look for in order to locate them.

There is no trial period I build them and they are there. This is a one time fee and if they are missing within 90 days, I will replace the links for free. It may be on a different site but they will be replaced. This is another reason that it takes a week or more to complete, because we watch them to make sure they stick and do not get deleted before we consider the job complete.

If I was trying to take advantage of someone there would be no guarantee that the links will be live for at least 3 months. If I did not believe in this type of linking I certainly would never use in on my own sites.

You are right and wrong in your assumptions that the sites need to be relevant to yours. A site that is relevant tends to be better for linking from as far as the weight of the link value but there are many more sites out there that can provide links for you, they just don't carry as much weight. For instance a relevant site may carry a value of 1 where a non relevant site may carry a value of .5 so you would need 2 links from a non relevant site to equal 1 from a relevant site. Don't say that they don't count because they do and the site mentioned proves that. Most of the links for that site are from non relevant sites.

The key I feel is finding back links with sites that are similar in subject matter as your own. Do you offer that? Do you supply all the locations you actually place a back link too? Do you update that info. when or if it changes? Is $45.00 a monthly charge?

Yes I do offer that but I can tell that it will cost you more than your are willing to spend. We are talking hundreds of dollars per month because of the amount of work involved. Yes I do supply all the locations and the login information for those accounts. No I do not update the info. It would be a bad idea to change your link keywords. These are text based links that either say "Deck Staining" or "Deck Stain" If those were to change that would defeat the purpose of the link. You want that keyword anchor to stay in place. You will have all the login information, so you can change the anchor text any time you want to. The $45 is a one time charge.

All of this work is done manually. I have 10 people working on this type of linking alone. Some are creating links, some are searching for new places to post links.

You sir are a skeptic and rightly so. There are many companies out there that are preying on unsuspecting business owners, but to paint everyone in the business with a broad brush is wrong. It is the same as people thinking that an owner operator of a lawn care business is not a business owner and as such should not be paid accordingly. They look at the industry as a handyman with a lawn mower and that too is wrong. I get people every day calling me or emailing me to sell ME SEO services to rank my sites. I tell them to open their browser and type in "xxx keyword" and read me off the results. Gets them every time.

If someone buys sprinklers from you do they just get the parts or do they also get the benefit of your knowledge in sprinkler systems? You don't always tell them in detail why this design or that design is better but they still get the benefit. It is the same here other than I am not selling physical parts but rather the knowledge. They get the benefit of my knowledge but as that is my asset, I can not share all of that knowledge. That is my hole card so to say.

Here is an email I got from a customer today....
Don't know if it was extra effort on your part because you knew %$^& Hills was my main target, but I see that we come up # 1 on power washing %$^&* hills #$ on google search. Just quoted and got a $xxx job power washing patios and walkways. I am VERY happy with this. It more than pays for my $xxx of SEO. I will be even happier if we come up number one in the other cities.

Edited of course because the location and pricing are proprietary information for my customer. This customer is paying a monthly fee and one sale paid for the service because they are ranking #1. This of course was a high dollar sale but the point is traffic from links suck. Traffic from Google searches is money in your pocket (if you can sell).

They are not using this particular service as of yet and we just started this month so there needs to be a little more age to the site first.

One more thing to think about, as you well know, returning customers are your best customers. They are also the most expensive customers to replace. If I were to sell crap services or do something that hurt the rankings of a site, I am out of work quickly. I currently have 6 monthly customers, one of which is a large sealer manufacturer. If I was to sell them crap, I would be sunk in this industry. I don't look for the big score, I look for the long term revenue. This is just a little service that I can offer to help those that need that little boost in the SERPs without breaking the bank so to speak. It should not be the only thing that you are doing but just one part of a larger picture.

If you want it, you want it. If you don't that is ok too. I do however resent the fact that you said all companies like mine like to prey on businesses. Not all of them do, I actually enjoy getting emails and phone calls like the one above. It really makes my day. It makes all my hair pulling worthwhile, especially with Google constantly mixing things up.

Sprinkler Buddy
05-22-2011, 09:23 PM
Sorry, I had to ruffle your feathers to see what kind of business and business man you are. Maybe I found, "That Needle in a Hay Stack." :) I hear and understand all your points! What kind of money does it take to have a site such as mine recognized by google and be on 1st page with key words like sprinklers and lawn sprinklers. I'm not much of a computer guy, you may be just what I need. You are convincing me thus far, but not sold yet!

I like the idea of a long term affordable deal and business relationship after I see some results. How soon can one expect results as far as being on first page, etc... What kind of money does it take monthly to do all you can do. I understand it's my job to sell my product, with the traffic I currently get, things are going well. Problem is not nearly enough traffic due to my poor positioning in google. Not many people typing in lawn sprinkler guards, Sprinkler Buddy, RyRo, Inc. etc... which they will find me on all the search engines including google.

This conversation for all to see will help your business. Sorry for the insult! Many in my position feel the same way but never get the opportunity to bring it to light or even bother to do so because they feel it won't make a difference. You sound to be a Honest Man that takes pride in his work. Rare in the computer world, I suspect. Great Reply to my Negative Initial Reply.

My Apology Once Again!

The Cleaning Doctor
05-22-2011, 09:41 PM
It's all good.I have been in the same position as all here when I started the pressure washing business that I had. Lots of time and no money. I will take a look and see what would benefit you the most. I will be a couple of days before I will be finished looking at it.

Sprinkler Buddy
05-22-2011, 09:48 PM
Thank You! Your Right, "It's all Good"

Please keep in Mind, I only ship to the U.S.A. and Canada.

Steve
05-23-2011, 05:37 AM
With a product like yours, would it be beneficial to find the sites that rank high for your keywords and get them to resell your product? Maybe even with an affiliate program?

The Cleaning Doctor
05-23-2011, 07:56 AM
That is one problem with all of my services, there are so many people that do that around the world that I would spend most of my time working on the ranking of that site instead of working for others. My site also sucks for design as I have not had time to get back to it. Been too busy working on sites for others.

Would it help? Yes. Is it worth it? No. I get plenty of work as it is. The ROI for me to promote this would not benefit me so I just mention it on a few forums and of course email all of my customers present and past.

Sprinkler Buddy
05-23-2011, 08:31 AM
With a product like yours, would it be beneficial to find the sites that rank high for your keywords and get them to resell your product? Maybe even with an affiliate program?

Hey Steve, was that question directed towards me and my product, I have noticed XXX had answered it already?