PDA

View Full Version : Local Contractor and Tradesman fair

edsaws
05-08-2011, 09:28 AM
Free's for me. I received a postcard in the mail a couple weeks back advertising a local contractors and tradesmen fair in town. So I did a little research and emailed the head of the SBA and inquired if I could get a table to get my name and face out there for some exposure. They were more than happy to accommodate me. I guess they're trying to revive they're association so not only did I get a table but they added me on they're web page and on they're flier for free :D I like free. The problem I had was I had nothing to display on my table. I needed to get something put together quick, I mean I didn't have squat. So after a little and I me little thinking here is what I came up with. I ordered 2 generic polo shirts from vistaprint just because I keep getting emails from them for free stuff. I also ordered the 250 free business cards they were offering along with a free banner (banner is actually kinda nice). I received my order with 2 days to spare. Next I made up some color fliers. I also printed up a bunch of enter to win cards for a flat of flowers I was giving away. I figured if anything it will draw people in to see how to win them. Then I can give them one of my fliers and a business cards and tell them what we do and to give us a call if they like a free estimate. I also gave the SBA a gift certificate for a free mowing up to 1/2 acre that they will give away. Well all in all I think it went rather well. I got 30 people that entered to win the flowers and 4-5 good prospects for future work. I also got to mingle with the other trades people and swap business cards and do a little networking. Not bad considering I live in a small town of about 3000.

Steve
05-09-2011, 06:33 PM
That is fantastic! Did you take any pictures of your display that you could show us?

Also, now that you have done this once, what do you feel you would do differently next time if you did it again?

Did any other displays really impress you or give you any other additional ideas?

edsaws
05-10-2011, 02:08 AM
No I didn't get any pictures, kicked myself for not bringing the camera. As for what I'd do different I need to get a picture portfolio of before and after pics for people to lok through also a laptop with a slideshow. One of the contractors had a laptop and slideshow of his work and that looked impressive.

Steve
05-10-2011, 07:30 PM
I got 30 people that entered to win the flowers and 4-5 good prospects for future work. I also got to mingle with the other trades people and swap business cards and do a little networking

How are you planning on continuing your marketing to those 30 people plus other tradesmen you met?