PDA

View Full Version : Spiders everywhere!!

Sween
05-06-2011, 12:52 AM
Just did a recent landscape job with a major yard clean up. I haven't seen so many spiders in my life!!:eek: I'm not to fond of these guys! But safety 1st! After i could only take but so much em crawling on me...

*Small Tip* Spray the area with some type of insect killer 1st before work. Now some say thats not nice but i cant afford to take a bite this season:rolleyes:

Steve
05-06-2011, 12:48 PM
What kind of spiders? I'd love to see pics of this job site!

CHEESE2009
05-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Where I am spiders usually appear like crazy around July/August.

That sucks for you! I hate catching them with my face while working.

Tom53
05-06-2011, 07:11 PM
I hate the little creepy crawling critters too.

As much as I hate spiders, I really have a phobia about snakes though.

A whole new thread about phobias might be kind of interesting if people tell the stories behind them too. How about it,,anyone got phobias????

CHEESE2009
05-07-2011, 12:31 AM
I hate spiders, but the weirdest thing is it depends on the time of day and location they are found. If I'm working, I sometimes don't care if I find them crawling in my hair. I'll grab them and crush them without a worry.

Though, at night time and in my house. If I find one, I panic. I totally freak out and cringe about the thought of it touching me.

The best way to get rid of a spider, is to use tape. I use a thick see through tape and cover the spider with it - lift it up and toss it in the garbage.

I wonder why my confidence with insects is higher while working? I'd really like to figure this out, it's very weird.