PDA

View Full Version : Unsolicited Email Advertising

ToastedToad
05-05-2011, 03:20 PM
Any views on sending out unsolicited emails? I have collected the email addresses of over 30 real estate agents in my town and would like to send out an email to them advertising my services. I'm just not to sure about sending unsolicited or spam emails. Do you think this could hurt my business? Has anyone else done this? If so what was the response?

I have created an email campaign using "MailChimp". It was very simple to set up and made a pretty nice looking email advert.

I just don't want to alienate anyone by sending spam. There is a statement in the footer stating that I collected their emails for my own use and will never sell them. And there is also an unsubscribe link.

Steve
05-05-2011, 05:25 PM
How are you planning on wording your email?

30 doesn't sound like too large a number at all. Why not experiment with it and see what kind of results you get?

ToastedToad
05-05-2011, 09:24 PM
I was planning on just introducing myself and my company, letting them know that I can help them keep their "Curb Appeal" in this tough competitive market...etc.

I'm thinking that 30 is not really spam, it's just like a mailer or door hanger I guess. Plus, these realtors spam the heck out of my snail mail so.....I'm going to work on it this weekend and send it mid morning next Tuesday I think. Might have the best chance of actually catching the agents at their desks.

Ironically I have a voice mail that came in late today from a local realtor. Called back but no one was there. Will call first thing in the A.M to see what the dealio was.

Steve
05-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Well keep us posted on how the mail campaign and the phone call turns out. I think it will all be alright.