PDA

View Full Version : Snapper pro 7?

christopher_wood12
05-04-2011, 06:43 PM
I am going to look at a Snapper Pro 7 tomorrow, 48 inch cut with a 17hp Kawasaki engine. Anyone know what I need to look for and some specific questions I need to ask to make sure I am getting a good deal and not something that is gonna give me a headache?

Thanks,
Chris

bruces
05-04-2011, 07:53 PM
you have to look at everything,hours,maintenance done,repair history ,age and general condition ,the machine can be near new and completely neglected and ready for the scrap heap ,or it could be a 10 year old cream-puff driven only by a granny ,if you cant tell the difference,bring someone who can or bring it to a shop for an inspection .

bruces
05-04-2011, 07:57 PM
I forgot to mention to look at the guys current equipment to see how he keeps it as well ,it happens all too often that the machine gets its first cleaning and service when its getting the black and orange sign hung on it .

Steve
05-05-2011, 04:48 PM
I am guessing this is a used piece of equipment?

You might want to read this first.

Warning: read this before you buy a used mower. (http://lawnchat.com/?p=640)

Let me know if that helps.

christopher_wood12
05-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Very helpful, thanks! I ended up going with a 2005 48" Scag walk behind. One owner, well taken care of mower it seems. He said the only problem was a relay or some sort of sensor around the handle needs to be replaced. $12 fix doesnt sound to bad considering I bought that with a trailer to for $2000. We shall see once all this rain lets up!

Steve
05-09-2011, 06:08 PM
Oh good! Take some pictures and keep us posted on how everything goes.

What ultimately made you choose that one over the other?

How do you feel that blog article helped? What stood out to you when you looked over the equipment?