PDA

View Full Version : Just me

GRIFFIN LAWN CARE
05-04-2011, 12:14 PM
I started Griffin Lawn Care last yr. me and one other man we had 2 cust. now this yr. I have none and my man will not try to start up agin so it is just me. Is it bad idea to try and do it with just me or does any one think i need me and one other.

Tom53
05-04-2011, 12:21 PM
no sense having two people if you have no customers, wait until you have more customers than you can handle by yourself. Just my opinion anyhow.

CHEESE2009
05-04-2011, 04:31 PM
In theory, a partnership would speed up the process of obtaining customers and equipment.

In practice, a partnership will slow you down and destroy the business.

The quote "Slow and steady wins the race" works best with your situation.
A one man crew for now will help things get grounded.

My fear of being in a partnership
I am good at what I do, though if I had a friend who was interested in joining me to grow "our" business, my concern would be his level of productivity versus my own. I would be very discouraged having to pull the weight of the both of us and I would either leave or have him quit.

Depending on the split, I would be very angered if he was making my salary or a salary at all if he can't keep up with me.

Steve
05-04-2011, 05:37 PM
I started Griffin Lawn Care last yr. me and one other man we had 2 cust. now this yr. I have none and my man will not try to start up agin so it is just me. Is it bad idea to try and do it with just me or does any one think i need me and one other.

Give us some of your insight into the experience you had last year.

What did you think of starting a business with a partner and why do you feel you had 2 customers?

Do you feel anything was holding you back or did you feel on top of things for that first year?

GRIFFIN LAWN CARE
05-04-2011, 11:16 PM
we only had 2 customers in my opinion he was to hard to get in touch with. I would call him to go on a job with me and i got his voice mail by the time he called back if he called back it was to late. so I know it is not going to work out with him I just was thinking it would be better for biz faster times on the lawn more ideas for growth in the biz. I am going to get back up with or without a partner. Fill it out and go with it.

Steve
05-05-2011, 05:01 PM
So ultimately you feel you could have had more customers if it weren't for him? In that case, do you feel having a partner actually worked against your goal of business growth?

Do you feel you will be handling things differently this time around to attract more customers?

GRIFFIN LAWN CARE
05-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Yes I will be handing thing differently. More of a go getter. I just was thinking if I could find someone like me that was into it that we might grow faster but if there are a lot of you out there that started just with no partners just a one men unit then I will give it my all and just hire when i need more help

carefreelc
05-15-2011, 12:58 AM

are you telling me you need help with two customers a week? Or are you saying you want to share +/- $70 a week with someone to save you some time?
I just fired my helper and with the rain this week i was faced with 19 yards on Friday, got 18 done by myself and didnt have to share money.

If you wanna share then just hire someone to do it all for you and sit n the couch and eat bon bon's. this aint that kind of industry. get dirty or get a desk job. if you dont set your quality standards with the crew and customers, then there will not be a standard you can be proud of.

whos name is on the line? mowing isnt a sideline job with two clients.

jsslawncare
05-15-2011, 08:38 PM
So for this year I'm cutting 51 customers every 2 weeks and 6 are weekly by my self. You can do it.

lawnsape
05-18-2011, 10:54 PM
In theory, a partnership would speed up the process of obtaining customers and equipment.

I am good at what I do, though if I had a friend who was interested in joining me to grow "our" business, my concern would be his level of productivity versus my own. I would be very discouraged having to pull the weight of the both of us and I would either leave or have him quit.

Depending on the split, I would be very angered if he was making my salary or a salary at all if he can't keep up with me.
Words of wisdom I couldn't agree with you more In this type of business a partnership will not work!

Robc
05-19-2011, 01:15 AM

This is very good advice. Excellent. Just today i split from my partner because im easily twice as productive as him and hes opposite. So stressful and now its over. it was 6 months and i was miserable the whole time