PDA

View Full Version : What happened (forum)?

CHEESE2009
05-04-2011, 11:47 AM
The forum has been out for (what feels like) 100 years?

Justin and myself resorted to text messaging, taking shifts to see when the forum came back up! LOL

Tom53
05-04-2011, 12:19 PM
I know how you felt, I had the jitters,,,,,damn withdrawal symptoms.....LOL

brian'slawncare
05-04-2011, 03:59 PM
im pretty sure I checked it ike 5 times a day fo it to come up.

what happened steve?

CHEESE2009
05-04-2011, 04:51 PM
It could have been anything.

My $100.00 bet is that "VBulletin" was down.

Or, Steve had a massive party - became overly drunk and disabled the forum by accidentally using his keyboard to play Guitar Hero. I've done similar things.

NEVER smoke a cigar while falling asleep!

Hedgemaster
05-04-2011, 05:04 PM
I missed you guys.

Even you, Cheese.

:D

CHEESE2009
05-04-2011, 05:10 PM
I missed you guys.

Even you, Cheese.

:D

I missed you too, buddy ol' pal :p

http://patdollard.com/wp-content/uploads/nuke.jpg

What if this forum was removed, where would we all scatter to? It's like the earth was nuked, and we all went underground into our bunkers unaware of when to come back out. lol

Steve is our John Connor from Terminator.

Steve
05-04-2011, 05:34 PM
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kuzmhgQAE01qzdyjxo1_500.png
Steve: Uh, everything’s under control. Situation normal.
Scott: What happened?
Steve: Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh… everything’s perfectly all right now. We’re fine. We’re all fine here now, thank you. How are you?
Scott: We’re sending a squad up.
Steve: Uh, uh… negative, negative. We had a reactor leak here now. Give us a few minutes to lock it down. Large leak, very dangerous.
Scott: Who is this? What’s your operating number?

CHEESE2009
05-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bruces
05-04-2011, 08:01 PM
I am surprised cheese didnt have a new movie,video game ,or some other awesome adventure story to tell us in the time the site was down .

Ducke
05-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Site is still all screwy I just tried to post some job picture and can't and the Smiles aren't working OMG

The Cleaning Doctor
05-04-2011, 08:09 PM
He was too depressed to be creative :D

It looks like someone needs to invent a forum patch. Kind of like the one for quitting smoking. Maybe induce a sedative through the skin.:rolleyes:

CHEESE2009
05-04-2011, 08:55 PM
WELL if it's a story you want!!!

I have found a guy who's willing to assist me with the programming of my game, meaning that it does have a lot of potential to become a pretty big deal. We've gone through the entire coding of the game and switched it about 3 times already.. I like this guy, he's like me always redoing things.

We've made it so everything works perfectly at the moment, now we're brainstorming for some new ideas. This game is going to resemble pretty much what it's like to be an owner of a lawn service.

Everything is going to be different from what you've all seen, as new ideas come up - the entire game continues to change.

I am thinking about taking on another person capable of providing the artwork, as the guy I have now and myself seriously suck at drawing. lol.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////

SO, basically we're going to have a legit game designed with my own little team. All I ask is for you guys to seriously come up with some crazy ideas - because we could make it happen!!!!!

Who else to ask then other grass guys? ;)

Paineless Creations
05-04-2011, 09:36 PM
Thanks god it is back up. I could not stand to go that other lawns*** forum any longer. I am back with my family, lawn care family that is.

Bobby

Paineless Creations
05-04-2011, 09:39 PM
WELL if it's a story you want!!!

I have found a guy who's willing to assist me with the programming of my game, meaning that it does have a lot of potential to become a pretty big deal. We've gone through the entire coding of the game and switched it about 3 times already.. I like this guy, he's like me always redoing things.

We've made it so everything works perfectly at the moment, now we're brainstorming for some new ideas. This game is going to resemble pretty much what it's like to be an owner of a lawn service.

Everything is going to be different from what you've all seen, as new ideas come up - the entire game continues to change.

I am thinking about taking on another person capable of providing the artwork, as the guy I have now and myself seriously suck at drawing. lol.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////

SO, basically we're going to have a legit game designed with my own little team. All I ask is for you guys to seriously come up with some crazy ideas - because we could make it happen!!!!!

Who else to ask then other grass guys? ;)

The other day i busted a ladies sprinkler by mistake and it cost me some money, that could be on the game

justin_time
05-04-2011, 11:23 PM
http://battleformentalfreedom.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/self-destruct-button2.jpg

CHEESE2009
05-04-2011, 11:57 PM
The other day i busted a ladies sprinkler by mistake and it cost me some money, that could be on the game

I had an idea for something like that to happen, it's just hard to figure out how often something like this should happen. THOUGH, I will figure it out.

Not to mention, I've added that some customers rip you off. Remember, this is like a tycoon game, lol.

Something to note:

This game is now completely random. costs, profits, etc everything will be generated at random. Handing out fliers will generate a random number of clients e.g.; "1 - 5 customers" and these customers will disappear after each day has passed.

Nothing is set, every time you play will be a different experience. Your staff will sometimes be pretty angry and leave you too. Maybe you'll get a tip, etc. "Win a free lawn mower"

The client icons are scrapped, they are in the process of turning into something cooler. The entire game interface will most likely change several times until its completed.

We might even have animations, streets with houses/addresses... maybe a phone which rings and u have to answer it and perform a task.

OH, and a self destruct button sounds perfect! I shall figure that one out! Can't have a game without a self destruct button... Good call Justin!

bruces
05-04-2011, 11:59 PM
you can make a montey python type game where the lawn nobs cut off there feet,hands,head etc, and keep going .

CHEESE2009
05-05-2011, 12:21 AM
you can make a montey python type game where the lawn nobs cut off there feet,hands,head etc, and keep going .

LOL! That's a different game entirely - but it would be very amusing!!!!

bruces
05-05-2011, 12:31 AM
can you make me a crew of hooters girls ? I like hooters girls .

CHEESE2009
05-05-2011, 02:23 PM
can you make me a crew of hooters girls ? I like hooters girls .

I have a Hooters calendar with the same girl who sat on my lap and asked me what I wanted to order... lol

My girlfriend ripped it up... I got to keep the memories though.

I think hooters girls would be nice. I would like a crew of them myself.

bruces
05-05-2011, 06:45 PM
remember,I asked first! could you imagine how much cash you could get if you had a real crew of hooters girls cutting lawns ? every guy would love to have his lawn mowed by a crew like that ,and they would go without food for weeks just to afford to get them on their lawn ,you could upsell a large front and rear deck so buddy can put out a few chairs to inspect the work ,maybe hire an extra girl to sell beer to the customer out of the back of the truck so he doesnt miss any action ,pretty much the best set-up possible I think .