PDA

View Full Version : Hey Ya'll

robertlroot
04-29-2011, 01:02 PM
I been a member here for about a week i think, but haven't posted an introduction yet because this was my week of finals for college. And that being said this is were I'll begin...

My name is Bobby, I'm 18 years old and a sophomore in college here in South Carolina. I have a job but hate it and am tired of working for the man, man. So I've decided to start my own lawn care business. I'm not expecting mush this first season mostly because of my late start, I'll be excited to have 10 accounts by the end of summer. One thing I have in my favor is that I live in a new subdivision with a steady flow of new houses.

There are just a few questions still to be answered but I'll go post those in the correct section.

Thanks for all I've learned all ready and all I still will learn.
Bobby

brian'slawncare
04-29-2011, 02:20 PM
Welcome to the forum! What are your questions?

robertlroot
04-30-2011, 08:13 AM
Welcome to the forum! What are your questions?

Thanks Brian

As far as questions go, I've got the basics out of the way now I'm just stuck on things like insurance, do I really need it first of for just residential accounts?

And then what type of business to form, i.e. LLC, S-corp, sole proprietor, etc.
I've already got a good answer for this on another must somewhere 'round here. :D

brian'slawncare
04-30-2011, 11:17 AM
well, I can tell you insurance is nice (if a weed wacker flings a rock at a window, ect.) although I dont have it since I am only 14 and kinda operating illegally....

But I would say get it, even just a small umbrella package.

As for the LLC, ect.....I have no clue to be honest....wheres steve, hedgemaster, and scott? they could answer that..

Steve
04-30-2011, 12:49 PM
Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of things have you been doing to promote your business so far?

robertlroot
04-30-2011, 06:26 PM
What kinds of things have you been doing to promote your business so far?

Nothing much really because I have been studying so much for school. But I will be starting flyer distribution and probably an add here and there this week. and of course let my friends and family help spread the word.

Any other suggestions?

Steve
05-01-2011, 11:11 AM
That is definitely a great start. You should be able to line up your first few customers that way and once you get a few, more are sure to follow.

Keep us posted on how things go.