PDA

View Full Version : Pet waste removal services

Steve
02-09-2007, 04:46 PM
One of our new forum members Mark from Scoop Doggie Dog just joined and I was wondering if he has been able to work with lawn care operators in his area to cross promote each other's services.

http://scoopdoggiedog.com/img7.gif

Have any of you lcos ever worked with such a service?

myrlin
02-09-2007, 07:05 PM
NO but I can use it.

Barry

Steve
02-09-2007, 08:14 PM
Barry,

Do you see these types of companies in your area? If not, maybe it would be a good business opportunity for someone.

myrlin
02-10-2007, 06:44 AM
no. It wood work here. But it not for me. No have see anything like that.

Barry

Steve
02-10-2007, 11:17 AM
What do you think customers would pay for something like that per week down in FL?

myrlin
02-10-2007, 11:28 AM
I have no idea.

ps i am till working on my palm to get it work.

barry

info@scoopdoggiedog.com
02-10-2007, 06:08 PM
Hi All,
About the most coordination with lawn care pros I have done is for scheduling. I try to Scoop the yard the morning of or the day before it's mowed - so long as its mowed on a weekly basis.

I've exchanged names with a few landscapers but generally, there are many more landscapers than pooper scoopers.

I came to this site looking for accounting software to replace my QBs. I'm trying the trial to see how it works.

I do wish more of my customers would mow more often. Most of my yards are in pretty poor shape and they hire me to keep the dung down.

We'll see how things go this spring.

Mark

info@scoopdoggiedog.com
02-10-2007, 06:23 PM
If you want a value added service for your existing clients, scooping can add $5-8 per week once you are there. If you do 3-4 a day, it pays for gas or lunch.

Here's the scoop. It's a lobby dust pan with a kitchen bag lining it. I use a big rubber band around the handle to keep the top of the bag in place.

Markhttp://www.scoopdoggiedog.com/scooper4.jpg

tiedeman
02-11-2007, 12:09 PM
Welcome to the site. Thanks for the great information

grounded
02-11-2007, 12:25 PM
How do you handle disposal?

Do you leave a sealed bag with the customer or do you take it with you?

Thanks,
Tom