PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to bid Street Aprons

Shark1611
04-28-2011, 10:27 PM
I need to bid on a subdivision street apron. It is an easement right off the street. Mowing the edge of the street through out the subdivision and then weed eating along the curb and utilities. Any experience out there with this type of bid?

Steve
04-29-2011, 12:11 PM
This should be similar to the previous bid you had mentioned in the past about mowing along a roadway.

Do you know the dimensions of it? Have you calculated how long the job would take?

Shark1611
05-08-2011, 12:48 AM
This should be similar to the previous bid you had mentioned in the past about mowing along a roadway.

Do you know the dimensions of it? Have you calculated how long the job would take?

Found out the folks wanted it done for nothing. Glad I did not take a lot of time in this one. Thanks Steve

Steve
05-09-2011, 06:25 PM
Was this an area that was controlled by a home owners association? Could some kind of deal be worked out where you could perform the service if you also had X amount of customers sign up from that block or area?

Shark1611
05-13-2011, 10:44 PM
Was this an area that was controlled by a home owners association? Could some kind of deal be worked out where you could perform the service if you also had X amount of customers sign up from that block or area?

No not at this time. It is a new development and only a few homes are built. The building is way off now so nothing is going on. They just wanted to keep it clean. I drove by the other day and it was taken care of so I guess she found someone to do it.