PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Scam

CHEESE2009
04-24-2011, 03:31 PM
I thought I would let you know that I have been using "credit" given to me by my website host for me to advertise on Facebook.

Facebook just used $30.00+ of my $50.00 ad budget in hopes I could believe that I was receiving clicks.

It's hard to believe that people have clicked on my ad at 3:00AM for the past 10/12 days. I call shenanigans.

Sure it looks all unique at first, my ads were clicked at different times - but now they look forced.

//

They want me to believe that 12 clicks were from 12 different people who decided to use Facebook at 3:00AM.

//

Oh and guess what else?! On one day I was mighty lucky enough to get 4 unique clicks on my ad - .... all at 3:00AM exactly(not combined with the current shenanigans)

I didn't know people aged 28-35, who live in my small town were such night owls! Not one click from a normal human being!

Steve
04-25-2011, 10:23 AM
Very interesting! So this happened multiple days in a row?

Are you canceling your advertising with them now?

CHEESE2009
05-01-2011, 04:17 PM
I closed my ad campaign today with this reason;

Scam! You charged my credit card because you didn't use my "credit" properly. You did not follow the plan I had set. If I see a charge on my credit card, I will be sure to let others know about this fraud.

They are charging me $17.50, May 1st (today).

My credit expires on May 6th.

The plan was to spend $3/day of "credit" from when I began till May 6th.

It was written in stone that my credit will be used up by May 6th, which I would have cancelled my ad on May 5th.

I just thought that I would let everyone know, Facebook is complete B.S.
They didn't follow their own agreement.

CHEESE2009
05-01-2011, 06:04 PM
I had received an email stating $17.94 CAD has been charged to my credit card.

You have enough of my information to solve this problem. It's very upsetting that I have to offer you my credit card information a second time for you to get this information.

I have been granted $50 in credit towards Facebook advertising. It was shown that this amount will be spread out till May 6th. If I find this charge on my credit card, I will make sure to warn people who are thinking of advertising with Facebook to find another solution.

Not to mention, most of my clicks are completely ridiculous. Over the course of my campaign, all of my ad clicks came during 3AM of every day. I call shenanigans.

I should demand a refund of my $50 credit, but I'm only telling you (once) to cancel any charges made to my credit card.

I will not tolerate what you have done. I expect a full refund within five (5) business days before I go public.

Steve
05-04-2011, 02:12 PM
Were you able to get any calls from the ads you had in facebook or no?

CHEESE2009
05-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Were you able to get any calls from the ads you had in facebook or no?

I've gotten zero calls.

During the entire time I had my ad up, I was unable to see where my clicks were coming from. Facebook denied me access to see whether or not the clicks to my website were valid or not.

I received 3 clicks a day, all at 3:00AM for the entire duration of my ad.
It's as if some software was created to search for my ads and click on them consistently.

Facebook emailed me, the email basically read, "Your going to pay, end of story". So normally I wouldn't be angered by losing a few bucks, especially considering I knew I wouldn't generate any customers out of it - I was just testing this feature by once again, "using my FREE credit"

The fact that they took advantage of me and are planning on charging my credit card really irritates me. It's a small amount, regardless, in a dark alley with Facebook I know what I would do.

jymie
05-05-2011, 05:48 AM
I found that Yahoo PPC was the same way, they paid someone to click on ads all day so they can charge your credit card to get more money out of you. I canceled my account with them after a week. Conversely, I have had the same Google adwords campaign going for a couple of years and that has not happened with them. I started it with a $100 credit and I still have not used up that credit.

Steve
05-05-2011, 04:16 PM
So basically, there is a long way to go before the internet search engine ads and facebook ads become worthwhile to use?