PDA

View Full Version : Truck Color

stevef1201
04-24-2011, 02:26 PM
I have a 1993 c 1500 WT. I am currently restoring the body (not reall too much damage, a couple of dents, small amount of rust on the top of the cab) I am looking for an idea of what color would look good. Right now is blah white. The interior will also be restored as the seat is falling aprt and the dash is damaged, so color ideas could include interior as well as exterior. I have an idea but found that with thousands of people thinking and give an opinion I might just come across two or three that I never thought of. So dont think your color is going to make saw yeach. Thanks steve.. PS When and if I ever get done I will post a pic.

Hedgemaster
04-24-2011, 03:33 PM
I don't have a color suggestion, but if you're going to be painting the whole truck, you have a lot of options to make yourself stand out.

There's a construction company around here that has a fleet of trucks and they are all yellow with the front fenders (just the fenders) painted red. It sounds stupid, but any time you see the trucks you know who they are instantly.

CHEESE2009
04-24-2011, 03:41 PM
You should look up the psychology of color.

Different colors promote different reactions in people.

********************-

For cleanliness, RED doesn't show a lot of dirt.

Black (like mine) needs to be washed all the damn time.
Same with white....

shadrach
04-24-2011, 05:18 PM
consider your logo colors and lettering before you decide.

element009
04-24-2011, 08:52 PM
I'm in a similar situation. One thing to consider is this: Do you want to have to get a custom paint job everytime you expand your fleet of trucks? If you choose a green for example, the next truck you buy may be a ford, not a chevy. The ford green isn't going to match your current one. So if you are very big on detail, you'd have to get it custom painted as well.

Although white might be a pain to clean, the amount of white trucks out there is very high. Plus, you can buy a white dodge, ford, chevy, etc....and they'd all be the same. To save money on future paint jobs, i would say go with white. You can stand out with your logo/graphics while saving money on future new trucks that you can buy white.