PDA

View Full Version : Dang thieves

ToastedToad
04-22-2011, 09:51 PM
So I guess someone doesn't want me mowing this week.

Went to start my Toro recycler 22 today and something just wasn't right. Then I noticed that my bail brake and bar control were GONE! wtf? ....

I'm assuming someone ripped them off when I was in the Home Depot the day before. There is no way that they can just fall off, so it must be thieves. Not sure if it was from a competitor or not although it seems to be a strange thing to steal if not. Has to be someone who knows that this is not an item that you can just go buy from the store. Gotta order it and wait.

The worst part is that my dealer is closed for the holiday and won't be back in until Tuesday. Gonna call another shop that is like 50 miles from here to see if they just might have one before I order the parts from Toro.

What a crock of stuff. 60 bucks shipped 2nd day.

I guess my 10 clients were a threat. LOL.

brian'slawncare
04-22-2011, 11:00 PM
get a box trailer

Hedgemaster
04-23-2011, 01:45 AM
That sucks. Nothing like taking food from someone's mouth. (if in fact it was stolen)

Guy I know said he had his trimmer stolen one day in his first year - turned his back and it was gone. A few minutes later a guy comes dragging a kid down the street carrying the trimmer.

"You APOLOGIZE to the man for stealing his equipment!" He said. (It was the kid's father) "This man needs that equipment to put FOOD on his table!"
"You don't steal from a working man!"

When you can, I suggest a backup mower just in case something like this happens. I have three backups now, and I'm just starting! LOL!

ToastedToad
04-23-2011, 01:50 AM
I have a few beaters that I can use if a have to.

If it were as easy as just buying a new enclosed trailer I'd probably do it. But since I'm just starting out and broke, I have to use what I have.

wandfsmall
04-23-2011, 11:59 AM
I bet it was someone that needed that part and home depot does not have parts so they just took one. Another landscaper pissed at you would have most likely done something like cut your spark plug wire or removed your air filter it would have caused you more grief and taken less time.

Steve
04-23-2011, 12:07 PM
Is there anything you can do to prevent this from happening in the future? Or make it more difficult for someone to do that again?

ToastedToad
04-24-2011, 12:47 AM
Well Steve I think the only thing to do is have an enclosed trailer, which I'm not in a position to do. Otherwise just try to avoid leaving the rig unattended. I live in a pretty small, low crime town so I never really thought about it. Been leaving my gear in my truck for years. It's now that I have a sign that may make me a target. Oh well, I'm not going to worry about it much. Just be more aware.

I took the bale break from my beater and "modified" it to work. New part is going to be here next week so I'm ready to rock and mow.

Steve
04-24-2011, 10:42 AM
I took the bale break from my beater and "modified" it to work. New part is going to be here next week so I'm ready to rock and mow.

Take some pics and show us what you created!