PDA

View Full Version : Blue Bird Lawn Care-Brand new to the game-From Washington

Blue Bird Lawn Care
04-22-2011, 01:49 AM
Hello, I am brand new to owning my own business, but I've been working in the "industry" for about 5 years.

My company name is Blue Bird Lawn Care. I thought it sounded nice and is a little more professional than "The Flying Dutchman Lawn Care" (which was seriously the other name I considered). I have one "specialty license" being pressure washing.

I decided to start doing this as part time. I currently go to school and have a part time job already, so I have a full plate until summer.

My goal is to land a few accounts that want a regular service and have three by the time June rolls around. I am trying to start small.

My equipment is:
Honda Mower with quadracut
Stihl Weed Whacker FS130
Honda Pressure Washer
Craftsman Edger
Craftsman blower/vac (pending)

My girlfriend's parents will be lending me a boat trailer that I will be modifying to suit my needs. I just installed a trailer hitch on my Jeep too, so things are rolling forward.

I just need to get my bonding and insurance and I will be able to go to L&I to get my specialty license (an additional $113.40 :eek::mad:). It seems the fees and taxes add up quickly.

I am doing this on my own. Any advice on what a good first couple steps would be, would be greatly appreciated! I have yet to come up with a logo, business card and flyer.

Steve
04-22-2011, 11:32 AM
Welcome to our forum!

I had no idea that a license was required to offer pressure washing!

What got you interested in offering that service?

Also, what lessons do you feel you have learned from working in the industry for 5 years, that you will be able to apply to your new business?