PDA

View Full Version : Ugh. Got caught up.

mark123
04-21-2011, 06:26 PM
I've been missing some mowings due to the rain that just won't stop. I got so behind it was a shame.

Today my son is away for holiday from school and the forecast was clear so I hit it early. I started at the church because no one was there early in the morning and there are no neighbors to complain about noise and then I hit the backed up schedule hard.

I did Wednesday's whole route, today's route and some of Friday's in case it rains again (which it is supposed to :(). I've got to say, I'm whooped. I think I'm going to take a nap in the shower. :p

I don't think I'll do that again.

Hedgemaster
04-21-2011, 09:25 PM
I can't wait to have that problem.

I know, I know... careful what you wish for. lol

Here's a virtual pat on the back for a job well done.

mark123
04-21-2011, 10:08 PM
I'm so beat up that I can't sleep. :p

I just need bigger/faster equipment and I can do this everyday. :o

mark123
04-27-2011, 02:41 PM
Ah, still caught up even with the continuing rain and I picked up 5 more mowings and one new fertilizing job! Woot! :D

Hedgemaster
04-27-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm not "behind", but I'm sort of freaking out in regards to how to organize all the incoming calls/emails now.

I went from "zero" to 4-6 calls a day.

Going to Office Depot tonight to look at organizers for when I do estimates.
I need a way to sort the estimates from the ones who have had me do work/signed up for reg. maintenance. The stack of papers on a clipboard is no longer "working" for me. LOL

ToastedToad
04-27-2011, 06:42 PM
I'm not "behind", but I'm sort of freaking out in regards to how to organize all the incoming calls/emails now.

I went from "zero" to 4-6 calls a day.

Going to Office Depot tonight to look at organizers for when I do estimates.
I need a way to sort the estimates from the ones who have had me do work/signed up for reg. maintenance. The stack of papers on a clipboard is no longer "working" for me. LOL

Are you using Gopher? I try to keep all my stuff digital if possible. I use Google Voice for my business voicemail, Google apps to store any Documents I need to create and Gopher to keep my Invoices and Estimates and schedule in line.

Do you have a smart phone, Android, iPhone, BlackBerry? That really makes all the difference in the world to me. I have my office wherever I go. If only Gopher would create an App! Hint Hint!

ToastedToad
04-27-2011, 06:43 PM
Didn't mean to hi jack your thread Mark.

mark123
04-27-2011, 06:45 PM
Didn't mean to hi jack your thread Mark.
Not at all. Carry on. :)

Hedgemaster
04-27-2011, 11:25 PM
Are you using Gopher? I try to keep all my stuff digital if possible. I use Google Voice for my business voicemail, Google apps to store any Documents I need to create and Gopher to keep my Invoices and Estimates and schedule in line.

Do you have a smart phone, Android, iPhone, BlackBerry? That really makes all the difference in the world to me. I have my office wherever I go. If only Gopher would create an App! Hint Hint!

No. I was thinking of purchasing the Gopher software a while back, but I had more immediate needs to take care of. Aside from being strapped for cash, the other downside is that it's not Mac compatible. Ugh. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and install it on my wife's PC - I just hate working on it. Hate the keyboard, hate the mouse, hate her chair, hate the whole "pc experience" in general, but you gots ta do what ya gots ta do.

Yes, I have a smart phone, but I'm not "smart" enough to know how to use it to it's full potential. It's an HTC Hero (Android platform). I don't know what any of the "Google" stuff you mentioned is for, but I'll look into it.
The only drawback with this phone is the unreasonably SHORT battery life. I can't get a full day out of it if I actually USE it.

ToastedToad
04-28-2011, 12:17 AM
If you, or anyone else here for that matter, needs help with Android based apps to help with your business I will try to help in any way I can.

We can start a new thread if needed. I have apps that track my time, scan my receipts and upload to Google Docs, Landscape calculators, unit conversion, mileage/fuel usage trackers...all kinds of stuff. Just let me know.

Google Voice is a free service that provides you with a phone number that can be forwarded to any number of phones (cell, home, office) and provides voice mail that is transcribed to a text message and sent to your phone so you can read it while on the grass or whatever. It allows me to use a separate phone number for my business but take calls on my cell along with my private line. There is also a web page that you can go to to manage all of your voice mail. It integrates perfectly with Android and iPhone.

Google Docs is a free suite of Office Apps that come with your GMail account it has Word Processing, Spreadsheet, Drawing, Presentation and form creation. Google Apps is another free service that will allow you to set up your business system inside of Google using all cloud based services. It provides all of the features of GMail but gives you your own email address just like if you had your own mail server up and running. All you need is a $20 per year domain name. It integrates with services like FreshBooks for Billing and Invoicing, plus many other neat tools.

I really love Gopher for what it does, simple and to the point. I recommend it completely.

Once again sorry for the hijack Mark and thanks for being cool about it.

mark123
04-29-2011, 02:02 PM
Just checking in to say I'm backed up all over again. :(

:p

It was supposed to rain yesterday but didn't. It wasn't supposed to rain today but did. Grr.

brian'slawncare
04-29-2011, 02:30 PM
The Weathermen Can Really Get On My Nerves Screwing Up The Forecasts...

Hedgemaster
04-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Just checking in to say I'm backed up all over again. :(

:p

It was supposed to rain yesterday but didn't. It wasn't supposed to rain today but did. Grr.

Same down here. I spent yesterday driving around doing estimates because it was supposed to be raining.

I spent today mowing five lawns in the rain. Well, only two of them, but the grass was a mess at the other three as a result.

At least I got to find out if my boots were waterproof as they were advertised to be. They are.

brian'slawncare
04-30-2011, 11:14 AM
They are.

haha I thought you said "they aren't for a second, then I re-read it:D