PDA

View Full Version : Key Advice: Be Prompt!!

TLC131
04-21-2011, 12:35 AM
I would just like to share some of my experiences with you.

The first: I got a call Tuesday, checked the lawn out that day, and gave a verbal estimate. The next day I went over with a contract and got it. The lady said that she had called 4 other companies and none had replied yet. So, try and be prompt. It earned me another $50 a week :)

The second: A condo association wanted an estimate which I gave in 6 days. When I had the meeting they said they are signed on to another contract until November? They figured that I would take a couple months to get them their bid. Hopefully I can have the same luck and get THIS contract :)

I know a lot of you guys know this but it is just very important to get it. I guess it might be easier for me cause my company isn't that big, but when I get a call I have a natural instinct to take care of whatever needs done and estimates just don't take THAT much time.

Peace

Steve
04-21-2011, 10:44 PM
Do you have any advice as to how quickly you should return calls or do you answer them while mowing?

Also, how quickly do you advise to show up for a bid after the initial customer call?

Hedgemaster
04-22-2011, 12:14 AM
I'm pretty new to this game and I've even seen the importance of being on the ball. I mentioned a specific example in my "Two for Two" thread tonight.

ANSWER the phone, or call back ASAP. Some people will wait for you, but others will call the next guy on the list if you don't pick up the phone. It's not always about who has the lowest bid.