PDA

View Full Version : Mowing Schedule?

TLC131
04-21-2011, 01:07 AM
I was just wondering what others do as far as scheduling days to mow. I am debating whether or not I should hire someone. I have at least 40 accounts signed up and I work alone. I believe I could do the work if I moved some of the weekly customers up to Wednesday. My schedules have always been primarily Thurs. and Fri. because I had the impression that people want their lawn done for the weekend. So the question is:

Can I move some weekly customers to a Wed. schedule?

Tom53
04-21-2011, 02:45 AM
Why not? Just ask a few, and keep asking others until you get it balanced out. If they dont want Wednesdays they will tell you, others may not care, as long as it is done and looks good.

cruzgardening
04-21-2011, 03:22 AM
Why not? Just ask a few, and keep asking others until you get it balanced out. If they dont want Wednesdays they will tell you, others may not care, as long as it is done and looks good.

im with tom on this one, most of the costumers that want their lawn looking good on the weekend will let you know so moving them around is a good idea but make sure you send them a letter and let them know at least a month ahead of time.

cleancutlawncare5382
04-21-2011, 05:53 AM
If the customer didn't express which day was best for them, I would think you have an open schedule. I only have one that likes hers done on tuesday (not sure why).
Other then Sunday I haven't been asked for a locked in schedule.

Desert Rose Gardening
04-23-2011, 09:52 AM
Fit them in when you can. If you have someone work for you then you need insurance for them and outher issues. Sounds like you can do all the work by yourself if you add a day or two more for mowing.

Rexdale Grass
04-23-2011, 11:24 AM
I have only ever had a few ask to have there yards ready for the weekend. When a new customer asks what day do I come I have always told them everything is dependent of the weather and when the cutting season truly starts, as well 90% of my customers are in blocks so there are always 4 or 5 together.

Basically I will give them an option but it is never affective until I finish the week and normally I will not cut unless it needs it so normally I end up leaving some so I tell them that thing will always be changing due to the weather.

Most people don't worry if they are a pain then I don't work for them.
I pologize if this message is garbled.

jsslawncare
04-23-2011, 08:40 PM
Work them in. I work Mon-Thurs and have only been ask by one customer for the weekend look. I told him I could work him in on Thurs every week. He said "sounds good". I just don't tell them I don't want to work on Fridays. This year I'm at 55 accounts, me only, don't need help. don't want help. P.S. If I need to I will work on Fri and Sat but, not on Sunday.