PDA

View Full Version : Hey all

usafchris
04-21-2011, 12:01 AM
Hello everyone, I am Chris and this is me making my introduction.
First off I am 28, live in FL and as you may be able to tell from my user ID I am military. I do not have a lawncare business yet I have been throwing the idea around for three seasons now and weighing my options it is just not in my current cards. Deployments, location, and knowledge...
Everytime I take leave I go home and cut my parents grass, I cut my grass here all the time and I have a good landlord that lets me expirment with the lawn here (should call it a manicured weed field) but it is my little project. Nonetheless, I love yard work and really am looking for my nitch for late-post military life.
About a month ago I found this site and honestly it has been all I have read every night ever since. TONS of great info compiled over the years.
Anywho... I am wanting to get back up to the midwest and set up shop there. In the meantime I am looking to hit the ground running when that day comes, so I am asking, are there any official classes I can take that will give me an edge in a lawncare business. I see the legit companies say they are liscensed... What exactly would constitute a lawncare liscense? I am just wanting to get all the info I can so that I can "play by the rules" and not be that low-ball lawn guy that will just "do it cheaper."
Thanks to all in advance
Chris

Steve
04-21-2011, 11:19 PM
Hi Chris,

Welcome to our forum.

Each township is different and the area you start your lawn care business in, may or may not have a license. For lawn care, the license usually isnt anything more than paying a fee. If you want to apply chemicals or fertilizers, you most likely will have to take a test and get licensed for that.

Keep us posted on how your business planning goes.