PDA

View Full Version : its bad if you need to carry a pistol

boog
04-20-2011, 10:20 PM
i never thought i would have to carry a gun with me to go mow a dam yard last weekend i was mowing one of my commercial clients
' i have to wait till there closed so there are no cars in the parking lot" i was weed eating the opposite side of the lot from where my truck was parked two guys roll up and park just inches from my trailer and equipment so " i guess they was going to try to steal something " i walk over ask them if they need something they say no one guy got out & walked around building the other guy stayed in the truck they sat there for a good 10 15 min. so i called my wife she brought my 9mm no sooner then she got there the guys left

so today i was mowing my moms property that she rents the land lord came threw on his mower and started mowing over top of what i have cut and the ajoining properties then the fat *** got his mower stuck rite beside my truck i sat there and laughed at him he got it unstuck then wanted to cuss me out for not mowing the same bank he just stuck so i told him to stick his mower up his *** "hes a big burly biker wannabe " he told me that he was going to charge my mom $50 cause he had to mow the bank that is all red clay rocks and some weeds i was hoping he was going to come off that mower at me i had some thing waiting on him has any one else had any problems like this or is it just my luck

cruzgardening
04-20-2011, 11:23 PM
i never thought i would have to carry a gun with me to go mow a dam yard last weekend i was mowing one of my commercial clients
' i have to wait till there closed so there are no cars in the parking lot" i was weed eating the opposite side of the lot from where my truck was parked two guys roll up and park just inches from my trailer and equipment so " i guess they was going to try to steal something " i walk over ask them if they need something they say no one guy got out & walked around building the other guy stayed in the truck they sat there for a good 10 15 min. so i called my wife she brought my 9mm no sooner then she got there the guys left
this guys were surely up to no good you should of gotten their plates, i wouldn't want to kill anyone just because they are trying to steal from me i mean i eat from my tools but if they steal from me i just call the cops they take them in and they get the blame i just wouldn't shoot anyone for my tools :P to each its own i guess haha

so today i was mowing my moms property that she rents the land lord came threw on his mower and started mowing over top of what i have cut and the ajoining properties then the fat *** got his mower stuck rite beside my truck i sat there and laughed at him he got it unstuck then wanted to cuss me out for not mowing the same bank he just stuck so i told him to stick his mower up his *** "hes a big burly biker wannabe " he told me that he was going to charge my mom $50 cause he had to mow the bank that is all red clay rocks and some weeds i was hoping he was going to come off that mower at me i had some thing waiting on him has any one else had any problems like this or is it just my luck

i would of done the same thing if i have an agreement with someone i would totally mow on top of what the other guy did jsut to keep my contract :) unless your mom called the guy... or maybe im misunderstanding it :)

i had an incident just recently, a junk collector tried to take my weed eater i laughed it off and told him i would call the police on his *** the next time, with a friendly tone, if he came around this property again havent seen him since then haha

Steve
04-21-2011, 10:24 PM
Is the area a bad area or was it just looking like they were being opportunistic?

Is there a way you can set up a security camera in your truck when you are parked?

Desert Rose Gardening
04-23-2011, 08:45 AM
I keep pepper spray in my truck, never used it, its mainly for dogs or freaks at stop lights.

MountainViewGreenskeeper
04-23-2011, 09:39 PM
this guys were surely up to no good you should of gotten their plates, i wouldn't want to kill anyone just because they are trying to steal from me i mean i eat from my tools but if they steal from me i just call the cops they take them in and they get the blame i just wouldn't shoot anyone for my tools :P to each its own i guess haha

Ya.... Im all for the authorities doing there job. But I would for sure have done the same as boog. Is it worth getting killed over no but I'm going to protect my property and my family in any way I see fit, even if that means shooting someone.

With that said I dont own a pistol yet. But I have a 12 gauge and a dear slug with anyones name on it.

Tom53
04-23-2011, 10:33 PM
If you dont have a weapons permit but feel the need to have some kind of protection there is always pepper spray. Don't forget to check your local and state laws about carrying it though... and its maximum effective range is a measly 10 feet or less. I have been pepper sprayed, maced, and tear gassed more times than I can count, and it isn't always that effective anyway. Anymore it just stings a little and a quick flush of the eyes and I am good to go.

Disclaimer on my next statement > I do NOT condone or recommend the use of canned aerosol WASP spray whose effective range can be up to 20 feet or more. It can cause extreme pain and blindness if mis-used.

I do have my 20 year old daughter carry a can of it with her in the event she ever has trouble with any "wasps". If she runs into any "wasps" I tell her not to worry about any consequences as she is just protecting herself from the pesky bastards! And I hope you understand my meaning, she does! Hair spray and a lighter can also frighten them too. She has been advised to swear that a wasp was causing problems and she was reducing the personal threat, any consequence to bystanders were coincidental, and this is her story, and she will stick to it.

Steve
04-24-2011, 09:38 AM
Another thing I was thinking of, would a panic alarm on your truck help drive off someone looking to cause problems?

cruzgardening
04-25-2011, 12:41 AM
Ya.... Im all for the authorities doing there job. But I would for sure have done the same as boog. Is it worth getting killed over no but I'm going to protect my property and my family in any way I see fit, even if that means shooting someone.

With that said I dont own a pistol yet. But I have a 12 gauge and a dear slug with anyones name on it.

if it does come to extremes i would do the same IN MY OWN PROPERTY but if its at a work site let them steal what they want i have insurance that will cover my loses and the authorities can handle the rest.

P.S.

I do have a permit to carry a gun i use to own a 9mm.

firechopper
06-02-2011, 03:58 PM
I've always carried my gun in my truck but nevered thought of having to carry it until 3 weeks ago. I was mowing a long time customer, who lives on a fresh water canal. I was trimming down by the water edge when a 6 foot gator came out of the water and about 5 ft from where I was. I screamed like a little girl, threw my brand new trimmer at it and went running towards my truck. I've always seen gators in the water or on the opposite bank but nevered hinding at the waters edge. after 10 mins I came around the back of the property, hoping that my trimmer was still their. Since then i carry my gun in a fanny pak. I look like a idoit, but i feel better. I did take picutures of the gator just to show my wife that its not all peaches and cream.

Hedgemaster
06-02-2011, 10:32 PM
I've always carried my gun in my truck but nevered thought of having to carry it until 3 weeks ago. I was mowing a long time customer, who lives on a fresh water canal. I was trimming down by the water edge when a 6 foot gator came out of the water and about 5 ft from where I was. I screamed like a little girl, threw my brand new trimmer at it and went running towards my truck. I've always seen gators in the water or on the opposite bank but nevered hinding at the waters edge. after 10 mins I came around the back of the property, hoping that my trimmer was still their. Since then i carry my gun in a fanny pak. I look like a idoit, but i feel better. I did take picutures of the gator just to show my wife that its not all peaches and cream.

I've had a long day - didn't even get to eat dinner until 9:30pm, but that made my day - ROFLMAO!!!
Thanks for the laugh! I hope you carry something in a "gator rated" caliber! ;)

I always thought I'd start carrying "to work" when I left my desk job and started my lawn care business, but I haven't yet.

Steve
06-03-2011, 04:39 AM
I did take picutures of the gator just to show my wife that its not all peaches and cream.

I'd love to see them. What's the law down there when it comes to shooting gators? How close did you come to doing that?

http://whyevolutionistrue.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/gator-boots2.jpg?w=500&h=375