PDA

View Full Version : B&S numbers, modles yada yada

jasonw
04-18-2011, 10:57 AM
I need to order a new fuel tank for my field and brush mower. its been bad and only hold a half a tank of gas for about a year now but I cant seem to find engine names, model or serial numbers or anything. Any help?

Steve
04-19-2011, 07:07 PM
Is this something you could just get a generic fuel tank and attach it with some fabrication or do you want the same one that you are replacing?

wandfsmall
04-19-2011, 07:25 PM
ok how about a little info about the engine or better yet a pic maybe I can help. Can you describe the engine.

jasonw
04-19-2011, 07:35 PM
All identifying stickers are gone but I think its a 5hp B&S Quantrum engine. Here is a picture.
http://www.foothillherps.com/images/mower.JPG

jasonw
04-19-2011, 07:38 PM
Sorry let me make this easier for you. See the fuel tank is kinda part of everything. I would like it to remain as it was intended so replacing it with the same tank is important to me.
http://www.foothillherps.com/images/mower1.JPG
http://www.foothillherps.com/images/mower.JPG

wandfsmall
04-20-2011, 12:13 PM
I think you have to pull the tank to see the engine numbers on that engine. try removing the tank and looking around and see if you see anything. They will be pressed into metal not a decal that could just fall off.

jasonw
04-20-2011, 01:31 PM
I was going to just look on ebay or something, would there be a part number on the tank or I guess just look up the engine model number then look for a tank that matches. I will pull the tank off and see if I see any numbers there. I wander how much a new tank would set me back. I hate to put to much money into this thing because it will more than likely be replaced over this winter, the bad part is its very useful for just about every job I am getting right now.

SuperiorPower
04-20-2011, 02:25 PM
I was going to just look on ebay or something, would there be a part number on the tank or I guess just look up the engine model number then look for a tank that matches. I will pull the tank off and see if I see any numbers there. I wander how much a new tank would set me back. I hate to put to much money into this thing because it will more than likely be replaced over this winter, the bad part is its very useful for just about every job I am getting right now.

I would not even consider buying a used one. They probably leak too. Those gas tanks had some problems with leaking. I would suggest going to your local shop and ordering one there (or from wandf or I).

Here is a photo showing where to look for the model #. If its not at this location look at the metal shroud, directly above the spark plug. Like wandf said, you may need to remove the gas tank to access the model #.

jasonw
04-20-2011, 02:44 PM
Sweet thanks, the number I found on the shroud just above the head is 12f702-2791-e1 what would it run me to have a new one shipped to 95640? thanks again.

jasonw
04-20-2011, 02:46 PM
BTW the gas tank didn't leak at all when I got it, I put compressed air into it to blow out a plug, I was very careful not to put to much but my hand slipped and at 120PSI it popped lol.

wandfsmall
04-20-2011, 05:40 PM
BTW the gas tank didn't leak at all when I got it, I put compressed air into it to blow out a plug, I was very careful not to put to much but my hand slipped and at 120PSI it popped lol.

As Eli said those tanks are known for that. Most of the time the leak around the seam... Glad you found the numbers the Tank would be 61.30 for me to ship it to you. The Part Numbers is 699392.

wandfsmall
04-20-2011, 05:44 PM
I would not even consider buying a used one. They probably leak too. Those gas tanks had some problems with leaking. I would suggest going to your local shop and ordering one there (or from wandf or I).

Here is a photo showing where to look for the model #. If its not at this location look at the metal shroud, directly above the spark plug. Like wandf said, you may need to remove the gas tank to access the model #.

Hey Eli did you get hit by the storm that blew threw your area last night?