PDA

View Full Version : New member saying Hello!

christopher_wood12
04-17-2011, 04:19 PM
Hey, I'm a new member and like to say hello and that I really do appreciate this site! I am currently a Business student at Eastern Ky University currently in my senior year and I have decided I am going to go into business for myself in lawn care.

Steve
04-19-2011, 05:29 PM
Welcome to our forum! When are you gonna get started and how do you feel your business classes have prepared you so far to get started?

christopher_wood12
04-25-2011, 04:47 PM
I am in my last week of class so it has been very hectic. But, I hope to get it going soon after. It has helped I guess, haha. I owe 30,000 so I hope it was worth it. I am trying to get things like my website and some business cards but I am stuck trying to find someone to help with graphic design to help with a logo for cheap. That way I can get it going as soon as I am outta school.

ToastedToad
04-25-2011, 07:49 PM
Grab one of the free logo templates from the forum and download Inkscape for a quick and easy do it your self logo.

Steve
04-26-2011, 09:46 AM
Keep us posted on how everything goes once you get out of school. I'd love to hear more about what kind of marketing you will be doing.

christopher_wood12
04-26-2011, 07:34 PM
Will do for sure Steve! Thanks toasted toad, I actually just went to Microsoft paint on my computer. Ended up with something I really liked! Now time to order business cards, and come up with some sort of flyer to pass out. Trying to think of some creative ways to do that as well to get around the whole "not being able to put them in mailboxes"!

elrascal
04-27-2011, 12:52 AM
Hey, I'm a new member and like to say hello and that I really do appreciate this site! I am currently a Business student at Eastern Ky University currently in my senior year and I have decided I am going to go into business for myself in lawn care.

Welcome to the party. A lawn care business is a great business to get in to