PDA

View Full Version : deck for a 44" Toro proline

pblawncare
04-17-2011, 10:00 AM
My deck on the proline is rusting out (1994 model) and can be patched, but I'd almost rather find one used thats in good condition and not torn all to crap. I can buy a new one for over 1000.00 which is something I DO NOT want to mess with, anyone got a proline deck frame they want to sell? :)

Steve
04-17-2011, 11:30 AM
Is that a stamped deck?

I guess you could potentially patch anything, but if it is stamped, it is usually made at a lower quality and you might want to consider an upgrade.

wandfsmall
04-17-2011, 11:42 AM
If you find a used one it will likely have the same problem. you might try looking at craigslist and see what pops up but I would not keep your hopes up. Also if you find it online freight will kill you and it is likely to get damaged during shipping.

pblawncare
04-17-2011, 02:17 PM
unsure if its stamped? but I know that i bought the machine at a deal, and its runs fantastic, but its gotten its share of abuse being use everyday I'd love to fix it and continue to run it the rest of the season, then flip it. not sure how well thats going to fly though.

Steve
04-19-2011, 06:26 PM
The stamped ones will be cheaper. You should be able to tell if it is by looking to see if it has hard edges that look welded or if there are no real hard edges and instead, rounder bends to it.

A deck that looks like this would be made of thinner / cheaper material that will rust out easier as this deck is stamped. Notice the smoother contours.

http://www.3dimensional.com/_img/news_2004_09_08_2.jpg

This deck looks more commercial with it's angular bends and welded edges.

http://tractorimplements.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/-85442206296909530.jpg

pblawncare
04-20-2011, 01:00 AM
It is a stamped deck. I'm in the process of looking for another deck....on a Toro 44" could a bigger deck go under the frame (floating deck...adjusts with 4 pins) such as a 52" deck? finding a 44" deck is a little tricky in North Carolina.

Steve
04-20-2011, 01:22 PM
I am sure you could get it in there but there probably is a reason that mower didn't have a larger deck. I am thinking, the engine size might not be big enough for it. So I would look at other mowers and see what engine sizes they have that power those size decks.