PDA

View Full Version : Dog Crap ?

Tom53
04-15-2011, 07:13 PM
A question about dog crap :eek:, when you go to do a mowing job and there is a bunch of it, do you charge extra? If so, how much extra?

I have been trying to figure this out, and the best I have come up with for now is to let the customer know before I will mow, they need to realize I do not want to step in dog crap, run my mowers wheels over it and drag all that stuff back home at the end of the day. If I do so in their yard the price of the mowing job just went up $10.00. They agree to that or find someone else for the job, I just dont need it that bad myself. I know some do need it though.

That is basically the same price I would have charged to clean it up before I mowed anyhow. So what do you guys think?

Next ? is how about when you have to move picnic tables, all sorts of kids toys, trampolines, etc... do you charge for that and once again how much?

Liberty Landscaping LLC
04-15-2011, 09:35 PM
I never had that issue before but just picked up two customers this week with dogs. I told them their service will be performed on X day of the week as long as it isn't raining. If the yard isn't cleaned up we charge an extra $20a cut to clean it up. Why so much???I DONT WANT TO DO IT!!! Hitting them in their wallet is the best way they both said ok. Obstacles I mow and weed eat around anything in the lawn. If they want it cut I tell them next week put it in a spot cut the week before never had an issue? How did it come up they asked you first?

Southern Oasis
04-15-2011, 09:37 PM
I am fairly new to this, but I can offer up what I have heard/read. A job that has obstacles is more expensive than the same one without. I would consider all of those things obstacles. You have to either stop what you are doing to move something or move something before you get started. Either way I think I would charge more.

Tom53
04-16-2011, 07:03 AM
I never had that issue before but just picked up two customers this week with dogs. I told them their service will be performed on X day of the week as long as it isn't raining. If the yard isn't cleaned up we charge an extra $20a cut to clean it up. Why so much???I DONT WANT TO DO IT!!! Hitting them in their wallet is the best way they both said ok. Obstacles I mow and weed eat around anything in the lawn. If they want it cut I tell them next week put it in a spot cut the week before never had an issue? How did it come up they asked you first?

The dog crap part is because I don't have a dog, yet every dog in the damn neighborhood thinks my front yard is the public bathroom. Last year I was picking up about 1/2 plastic grocery sack full of it every week before I mowed. This has been going on since I moved here. I have been attacked in my own yard by large dogs running loose 3 times in the last 4 years, and have called the police so many times they are sick of me. But don't get me wrong I do like dogs, just not under those circumstances. People here need to learn about the leash laws, instead of letting them run loose.

The obstacles was because I looked over a job, bid it, got it, and when I came to mow the next week there were 2 large heavy picnic tables, and a trampoline that weren't there when I bid. I have a very bad back, and a pacemaker, so lifting heavy stuff just cant happen. I don't want to lose this job, but if I cant convince the customer to move them, if they want it mowed, then I will give it up.