PDA

View Full Version : Has everyone started Mowing??

cleancutlawncare5382
04-15-2011, 05:53 AM
I just can't wait to get the season started, mowing that is. I wanted to begin customer mows yesterday but wasn't sure it was needed yet. So I started with my lawn and the answer was not yet, really wasn't needed.

Has anyone else started mowing that lives in the northeast??

Steve
04-15-2011, 01:13 PM
Hopefully within a week or two, the lawns will be growing enough to get you out there.

cruzgardening
04-18-2011, 06:12 AM
I just can't wait to get the season started, mowing that is. I wanted to begin customer mows yesterday but wasn't sure it was needed yet. So I started with my lawn and the answer was not yet, really wasn't needed.

Has anyone else started mowing that lives in the northeast??

i never stop :( i live in So Cal :P

Hedgemaster
04-18-2011, 07:54 AM
I've cut mine twice now.

Fertilizer has a funny way of speeding up the growing process.

Going to mow a new client's lawn today - hers is nowhere near as thick/high as mine was though.

B-2 Lawncare
04-18-2011, 09:14 AM
Snowing to here today,

Tom53
04-18-2011, 09:54 AM
Still puddles in the yards from last weeks rain, and supposed to rain every day this week except one. Even some light snow mixed in one night.

Short answer > no.

(but getting the itch)

jasonw
04-18-2011, 12:20 PM
Here in the Norcal foot hills I am mowing mine almost 3 times per week to keep it looking good. I have however reseeded and fertilized the hell out of it this year and with our rain today and 80F sun tomorrow type of weather everything is going crazy. I have already started my field mowing a couple months ago but calls for service in residential lawns are non existent right now.

GreenMatters716
04-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Not here in Buffalo,NY man! It snowed about an inch today. Still waiting for spring to show up..

cleancutlawncare5382
04-19-2011, 05:48 AM
(but getting the itch)

I hear ya Tom.
Looking at the records from last year, I mowed customer lawns twice in April. So I guess we are too far behind schedule.
I have another estminate to give today, gutter cleaning and spring clean up. Maybe everyone else is getting itchy also.

B-2 Lawncare
04-19-2011, 09:16 AM
Snowing to here today,

Still snowing wtf:mad:

cleancutlawncare5382
04-19-2011, 05:45 PM
I have another estminate to give today, gutter cleaning and spring clean up.

People are starting to think SPRING. Estimate went well today, landed a new customer. Spring clean up, he wants a lime app and gutters to be done after the buds fall from oak trees.

Hang on here we go!

CHEESE2009
04-19-2011, 06:00 PM
Well, it's been pretty nice for awhile.

.... We're getting 5cm of snow tomorrow.............................:(
"weather warning b.s"

It's ok, I'm patient.

Tom53
04-19-2011, 06:45 PM
I am still pretty new here and havent had the time to figure out how to post the pics yet, but I took some this morning of my son's car across the street covered with snow.....THIS SUCKS! lol

The grass is really greening up under it though, and no dry days until Saturday per the weather man here. Thats when I was planning to sharpen blades and do oil changes and stuff because I am running behind this year due to other projects.

Should get my first 3 lawns done Sunday,,,,,all freebies,,,> mine, my son's, and my daughters! LOL,,,,family comes first for me. Then the rain will be back for several days.

In the mean time I am still so busy on other projects I dont even have time to think very far ahead. Schedule is lined up with too much personal stuff at the moment, classes and daughters baby shower, and getting her place cleaned up for it etc....damn kids anyhow,,Dad this, Dad that....it might be a pain sometimes, but whats a guy to do...

Good Luck to everyone this season, and wishing everyone much success!

Tom

cruzgardening
04-20-2011, 01:09 AM
People are starting to think SPRING. Estimate went well today, landed a new customer. Spring clean up, he wants a lime app and gutters to be done after the buds fall from oak trees.

Hang on here we go!

what type of lime do u use liquid or powder? i have been thinking about doing it to one of my clients who has a pine tree right next to his lawn... ill need a soil test first though.

cleancutlawncare5382
04-20-2011, 05:53 AM
what type of lime do u use liquid or powder? i have been thinking about doing it to one of my clients who has a pine tree right next to his lawn... ill need a soil test first though.

I will use the granule type for this job.
Soil testing is always best, but I can tell this lawn hasnít had much TLC so lime was my up sell. I will make other recommendations after the clean up / lime job is done.

stevef1201
04-20-2011, 08:15 PM
Feel sorry for you guys 'up north', here in central Florida I have been mowing since March 1st. Got 36 customers, 14 new ones already this year, and another estimate tomarrow. Got a three acre apartment complex in the morning first. Thank God for letting me live here.

Hedgemaster
04-21-2011, 12:41 AM
Doing three lawns tomorrow. :)

Some of the stuff is so high it's gonna need bagged.