PDA

View Full Version : Driveway Sealing advertising ideas

bradmartin214
04-14-2011, 04:53 PM
Hey Guys and Ladies,

I am starting an asphalt maintenance service in the Washington D.C. region. I used to live in the Shenandoah Valley of VA and have lot's of experience with asphalt.

As with most people, funds are short, so this is what I am doing. Please give me your thoughts. I wrote up a 2 pg front/back newsletter describing how to look out for scammers and a bit about myself. With this I am including a card with the price of the job on the back, a copy of my license and a copy of my Insurance certificate. This shows that I am local and legal. All of this goes in a clear sleeve and hung on the garage door handle. The first day I put out 50 and got 4 jobs. These are in higher end($650,000) and up neighborhoods.

So what do you think? Any ideas on reaching the higher end clients or just any ideas at all?

Thanks,
Brad

picframer
04-14-2011, 06:43 PM
My suggestion, contact lawn care companies in your area, we sub out sealing, referred 82 jobs last season and 53 the year before. Issue here is very few offering this service do quality work or use quality products, I found a fellow through a client and we sub all work to him, never a complaint. We get asked on a constant basis if we do this service so I am assuming others do as well.

You will need references. To get into the upper end neighbourhoods (over 90% of our work would fall into this category) you really need to network and know someone, once in it's an easy ride.

Steve
04-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Hi Brad,

Could you show us the list of things homeowners need to look out for when it comes to scammers or could we see the flyer?

Did you offer any type of special spring offer if they contacted you within X period of time? That might help get people to call.

Also, if you point out issues on their driveway that are signs of problems, that might also help.

Lastly i would think talking to people would get you more jobs than not talking to them as you are out distributing your flyer.

bradmartin214
04-15-2011, 09:02 PM
Hey Steve,
I'll try to send the flyer. My problem is that to afford these homes most of my people are out working. I go out from between 10-3. I got a wonderful email from a client who is having me do his driveway.
I also have my clients sign the contract online thru Google docs to save a trip back. This man was very impressed that I was doing things through email.

I look forward to receiving any and all suggestions or criticisms.
Brad

P.S. go to my website mobilityinnovationsmd.com and the flyer is on the main page

Steve
04-16-2011, 01:04 PM
Can you go out when more people are home? Maybe on the weekends or after dinner on a weekday?

You should also consider to do what Andy suggested and hook up with some local contractors to get them to offer your service, even if you give them a finders fee.

picframer
04-16-2011, 05:56 PM
Can you go out when more people are home? Maybe on the weekends or after dinner on a weekday?

You should also consider to do what Andy suggested and hook up with some local contractors to get them to offer your service, even if you give them a finders fee.

We should keep in mind this is a two way street, the fellow I sub to does give us a referral fee, at the same time he referred clients to us as well and I pay him a finder fee also. He did one driveway for us today although the weather here is still poor, desperate cold but he guarantee's his work....

Steve
04-19-2011, 06:19 PM
That is a very good point. So it would help Brad if he could keep his eye open for other jobs that he could send out to other companies.