PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone!!!New to business and forum

mjvlandscaping
04-13-2011, 06:19 PM
We are MJV Landscaping based out of Chula Vista, CA.
Our business started Jan 2011 and have one condo association property so far. We are still learning as we work and have managed so far. I have two jobs that i need help with charge to customer. We are not licensed contractors, and we provide your basics: mow blow edge cleanup weed control/removal. Just finished hedging which will be charged as extra and replacing 37 sprinkler heads along with timer adjustment, also extra. How do I bill them for this?

Steve
04-14-2011, 02:49 PM
Welcome to our forum!

Just finished hedging which will be charged as extra and replacing 37 sprinkler heads along with timer adjustment, also extra. How do I bill them for this?

Why not charge them based on the amount of time the service took plus any additional parts? You probably could mark up the price of the parts on your bid but that will have to be experimented with to see what will work in your area.

Does this help?

mjvlandscaping
04-14-2011, 09:25 PM
actually yes it does. it confirms that I was headed in the right direction. If i was to charge per sprinkler, what is the going rate for each one in san diego?

Welcome to our forum!

Why not charge them based on the amount of time the service took plus any additional parts? You probably could mark up the price of the parts on your bid but that will have to be experimented with to see what will work in your area.

Does this help?

Steve
04-15-2011, 11:56 AM
I don't know the going price in your area but here is a blog article that will give you a general price and heads up for what to look out for.

Sprinkler head replacement bidding pitfalls. (http://lawnchat.com/?p=425)